How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 09:50 AM

Default What Avid Doesn't Want HD Users To Know

Thought this warranted it's own thread... Please request this important feature so that AVID listens.

Quote:
:Originally Posted by Dizzi45Z
However, I would love to see Avid make it possible for us HD users to use our HD interfaces in a Native mode. That would allow us HD users to use all of the new features with our current systems (without the use of the cards of course). This might not be ideal when tracking, but it would be awesome for mixing.
+1!!!.. It was 100% possible to use the HD blue interfaces with ProTools LE (NATIVE 32BIT FLOAT ENGINE) in version 6.x so why can't they allow us to use our HD blue interfaces with the HD Native engine in PT's 9 & PT's 10?

Answer - it would make the HD|Native & HDX cards less attractive for us to upgrade.

Otherwise why would AVID not include this functionality?? When I purchased PT's 9 HD I was hoping that I could use my 192 digital I/O interface with the Native engine but the Core Audio driver is disabled in this mode for some silly reason. There is absolutely no technical reasons whatsoever why they can't let us use our HD interfaces under the Native engine. They've done it before, I used it in this way and it functioned flawlessly in PT's LE 6.x. If they re-enabled this ability for PT's 10 HD it would make the $599 upgrade price a no brainer because then you would could use your Digi interface I/O (or any interface supported by the digi-link cable), and get all the other functionality of the 10HD software which isn't supported using the TDM engine including the 16K ADC, the 32/64 float engines, RTAS & AAX Native plugs & the full benefits of all the other new software features. Also having the ability to switch back to the old TDM engine for when you need certain TDM plug-ins would make it forward & backwards compatibile & the transition a lot more forgiving for HD users. This would make PT 10 HD software a much more attractive upgrade for HD users.

!!DON'T LIMIT OUR HARDWARE WITH YOUR SOFTWARE PLEASE!! We should really partition this overlooked functionality imo.

www.matthewgraymastering.com

Brisbane Australia
Old 11-01-2011, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Enable Core Audio for Blue Interfaces in Native Engine mode!!

+1 totally agree!!
Old 11-01-2011, 10:59 AM

Seems reasonable. Avid?
Old 11-01-2011, 12:44 PM

How would you connect any HD IO unit to the computer?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-01-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
How would you connect any HD IO unit to the computer?
a HD Core card is still required to connect a HD interface. We're just requesting that Avid gives back the Core Audio driver when using Pro Tools HD 10 in "Native" engine mode.

Brisbane Australia
Old 11-01-2011, 04:49 PM

Default Re: What Avid Doesn't Want HD Users To Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_G View Post
Thought this warranted it's own thread... Please request this important feature so that AVID listens.

+1!!!.. It was 100% possible to use the HD blue interfaces with ProTools LE (NATIVE 32BIT FLOAT ENGINE) in version 6.x so why can't they allow us to use our HD blue interfaces with the HD Native engine in PT's 9 & PT's 10?

Answer - it would make the HD|Native & HDX cards less attractive for us to upgrade.

Otherwise why would AVID not include this functionality?? When I purchased PT's 9 HD I was hoping that I could use my 192 digital I/O interface with the Native engine but the Core Audio driver is disabled in this mode for some silly reason. There is absolutely no technical reasons whatsoever why they can't let us use our HD interfaces under the Native engine. They've done it before, I used it in this way and it functioned flawlessly in PT's LE 6.x. If they re-enabled this ability for PT's 10 HD it would make the $599 upgrade price a no brainer because then you would get your Digi interface I/O, the 16K ADC, the 32/64 float engine, RTAS & AAX Native plugs & the full benefit of the new software features. Also having the ability to switch back to the old TDM engine for when you need certain TDM plug-ins would make it forward & backwards compatibile & the transition a lot more forgiving. This would make PT 10 HD software a much more attractive upgrade for HD users.

!!DON'T LIMIT OUR HARDWARE WITH YOUR SOFTWARE PLEASE!! We should really partition this overlooked functionality imo.
I dont know if my arse is dumb or I am a dumb arse....

Here goes..

I can use my Apogee Rosetta 800 via Firewire running Logic 64 Bit or any other 64 bit app....

I CANNOT use my Apogee Rosetta 800 via Digi Link when Protools 11 goes 64 bit....

Aint never heard of no audio interface being 64 bit.

I bet that it is possible for all current HD Interfaces to hook up to HDx.... But I can see why that would not be so lucrative for a certain hardware maker.

I think this whole thing is just BS...
Old 11-01-2011, 05:18 PM

There is absolutely no reason why they couldn't allow the current HD interfaces to work under Core Audio with Pro Tools 10 or 11 for that matter. You can run your Pro Tools interface with Cubase, Logic or any other core audio supported audio application, hell you can even use it for your system sound output if you wanted to. So why... why... does Avid limit PT's 9 & PT's 10 software by not allowing us to use their own brand of I/O (which we've paid a lot of money for in supporting them) in Native Engine mode?

I want answers Max?

Think about it Avid, if this was enabled for us in PT's 10 HD then you would definitely sell more upgrade licenses & it doesn't come as any further price reduction it's just adding one very important piece of functionality which we all know is easy for you & very possible for you to do. This would instill some confidence in those wanting to embrace the transition more gracefully.

Quite frankly I'm surprised this hasn't been addressed earlier in PT's 9? It's just poor form, we are the professional user base that has paid the most money in hardware, PT's software upgrades & TDM plugs yet you still don't allow us to use your own brand of interfaces in Native Engine mode?? It's extremely poor form imo.

If this isn't enabled soon I won't be upgrading or buying any more Avid hardware, period. I'd much rather sell my HD system & interface & buy a third party interface (preferably Thunderbolt or FW) & run PT's 10 HD natively at least I could be sure it's going to work & not be limited in functionality or be outdated so quickly.

AVID - GIVE YOUR HD USER BASE A BREAK & A REASON TO WANT TO UPGRADE TO PRO TOOLS 10 HD BY MAKING OUR/YOUR INTERFACES SUPPORTED UNDER THE NATIVE ENGINE.

Brisbane Australia
Old 11-01-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25ghosts View Post
I dont know if my arse is dumb or I am a dumb arse....

Here goes..

I can use my Apogee Rosetta 800 via Firewire running Logic 64 Bit or any other 64 bit app....

I CANNOT use my Apogee Rosetta 800 via Digi Link when Protools 11 goes 64 bit....

Aint never heard of no audio interface being 64 bit.

I bet that it is possible for all current HD Interfaces to hook up to HDx.... But I can see why that would not be so lucrative for a certain hardware maker.

I think this whole thing is just BS...
+1
PT|HD Ultimate Native , UAD-2 Octo x2 , Win 10 Pro 64 bit, AMD ThreadRipper 3960X (24 cores 3,7Ghz (48 threads), 64 GB G.Tech DDR4 3200MHZ ,Gigabyte TRX40 Designare (with Thunderbolt), (Philips 40'LED screan) , Samsung 24" LED 2x192 I/O, Nuendo 4.3, Wavelab 6, Halion 3.5, Yamaha 02R96V2, AvalonAD2022, AvalonVt737sp etc... www.MrPollack.pl ,www.facebook.com/polak.bros.studio
Old 11-01-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
There is absolutely no reason why they couldn't allow the current HD interfaces to work under Core Audio with Pro Tools 10 or 11 for that matter. You can run your Pro Tools interface with Cubase, Logic or any other core audio supported audio application, hell you can even use it for your system sound output if you wanted to. So why... why... does Avid limit PT's 9 & PT's 10 software by not allowing us to use their own brand of I/O (which we've paid a lot of money for in supporting them) in Native Engine mode?

I want answers Max?

Think about it Avid, if this was enabled for us in PT's 10 HD then you would definitely sell more upgrade licenses & it doesn't come as any further price reduction it's just adding one very important piece of functionality which we all know is easy for you & very possible for you to do. This would instill some confidence in those wanting to embrace the transition more gracefully.

Quite frankly I'm surprised this hasn't been addressed earlier in PT's 9? It's just poor form, we are the professional user base that has paid the most money in hardware, PT's software upgrades & TDM plugs yet you still don't allow us to use your own brand of interfaces in Native Engine mode?? It's extremely poor form imo.

If this isn't enabled soon I won't be upgrading or buying any more Avid hardware, period. I'd much rather sell my HD system & interface & buy a third party interface (preferably Thunderbolt or FW) & run PT's 10 HD natively at least I could be sure it's going to work & not be limited in functionality or be outdated so quickly.

AVID - GIVE YOUR HD USER BASE A BREAK & A REASON TO WANT TO UPGRADE TO PRO TOOLS 10 HD BY MAKING OUR/YOUR INTERFACES SUPPORTED UNDER THE NATIVE ENGINE.

I don't want to be a prick,

But I think that what you fail to understand is that without the card, you can't connect your blue interface. Which means that even if they did give the core audio or asio drivers to enable it, you'd still need to pass it through the cards which are not compatible (xcept for HD native) with the 64 bit version of PT. Remember that those interface uses a card to actually host the I/O processing of the interface. If you had a driver that essentially bypassed the card, then the I/O are not being processed and the information would simply not pass from the interface to the computer.

So to enable that for HD tdm users, it would mean that they would have to pay 3.5k to get a Native card, on top of having already paid for their blue interface. Which would be the exact same cost as just exchanging their blue interface for the new hd interfaces. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HDXLeg-HDioAna/ for a better quality interface + heat.

I could be wrong, but that's what I understand out of this.

Wave-T.com
Old 11-01-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:

Otherwise why would AVID not include this functionality?? When I purchased PT's 9 HD I was hoping that I could use my 192 digital I/O interface with the Native engine but the Core Audio driver is disabled in this mode for some silly reason. There is absolutely no technical reasons whatsoever why they can't let us use our HD interfaces under the Native engine. They've done it before, I used it in this way and it functioned flawlessly in PT's LE 6.x. If they re-enabled this ability for PT's 10 HD it would make the $599 upgrade price a no brainer because then you would could use your Digi interface I/O (or any interface supported by the digi-link cable), and get all the other functionality of the 10HD software which isn't supported using the TDM engine including the 16K ADC, the 32/64 float engines, RTAS & AAX Native plugs & the full benefits of all the other new software features. Also having the ability to switch back to the old TDM engine for when you need certain TDM plug-ins would make it forward & backwards compatibile & the transition a lot more forgiving for HD users. This would make PT 10 HD software a much more attractive upgrade for HD users.

No, you could do it with MIX Cores and 888|24s not HD Cores and Blue I/Os in 6.x

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Closed Thread