Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 01-31-2016, 04:16 AM

Default Aux Pre/Post Fade shortcut

Is there a keyboard shortcut to toggle between pre-fade and post-fade on auxillary sends? I will often tweak effect processing via pre-send so I can have a 100% wet snapshot of what I'm trying to achieve. I know the shortcut for by-passing aux sends, which I also use frequently, but if there is also a shortcut for toggling between pre/post it would definitely speed up my workflow.

Thanks.
Old 03-31-2021, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Aux Pre/Post Fade shortcut

Bump. Just found this and totally agree a shortcut would be great. I like to flip all Verb sends to PRE so I can dial in the Verb settings, and then flip them all back to POST. A bit tedious to open each send and click the PRE button for each one...
Old 04-01-2021, 08:14 AM

Default Re: Aux Pre/Post Fade shortcut

2 tricks to keep in your back pocket:

#1-with any send open on the screen, you can Alt-Click on the P button and toggle all sends in that slot(A-E, F-J), saving you opening each send.

#2-to "solo" an AUX track(as if you want to hear JUST the reverb or delay), there is another way to achieve this, if you have extra outputs(depending on your monitoring setup). My rig as an example has 8 analog outputs and a SPDIF output, and I use a monitor/source controller(Presonus Central Station, but most any can work). I take a second set of outputs from the interface and feed a separate source input of the Central Station. In my sessions, I add a send on every track in the last slot. I set them all to Pre-fade, levels to -0 and then Alt+Ctrl-click to mute them all. If I switch my monitoring to the second output(fed by these sends), I can go to any track(like my reverb AUX), Ctrl-click on the send and then listen to that signal with a single click instead of using SOLO and needing to change sends. If your setup has the required routing available, try this

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave