Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2020, 07:07 PM

Default S1, Dock, Avid Control Logic Pro X bug

After using the the avid control "config" to choose a plugin/insert i cannot access the insert section not on the Control app and not on the s1's (it jumps right back to pan when i click inserts)

Help
Old 03-08-2020, 07:08 PM

Default Re: S1, Dock, Avid Control Logic Pro X bug

Had to restart all units and apps to get insert view function again
Old 03-08-2020, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchook View Post
After using the the avid control "config" to choose a plugin/insert i cannot access the insert section not on the Control app and not on the s1's (it jumps right back to pan when i click inserts)

Help
Yeah I have posted on this forum and raised it up with avid support and no help.

I think they cannot replicate what we are seeing and so cannot solve it. Even though the same weird screen happens in the current Sweetwater S1 demo suggesting the it might be protools as well as Logic.

See my post

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p...88#post2556488
Old 03-09-2020, 08:46 AM
Avid

This has been around for a long time and actually a bug in Logic. I'm pretty sure Apple told me it would be fixed in the next update. What version of logic are you on ?
Old 03-09-2020, 11:05 AM

I'm having the same issue and using the latest version of logic. Tried on two separate computers. One on Mojave and the other on Catalina with a fresh install (no 3rd party plugins) and the S1 still freezes up after using the config option to add plugins. It seems to work fine when I first start adding plugins but eventually starts hanging my machine and eventually logic crashes.

I've contacted support and sent them videos. It's been 10 days since I've heard from support . Still waiting on an update. I was a bit surprised to see the response from Avid here in regards to it being an issue on Apple's side. Is it possible that you need more beta testers for Logic and the S1? If so sign me up I'll be happy to help report any bugs/issues.

Here is a video of what is happening on my end. https://youtu.be/1KgitT9bs8c
Old 03-09-2020, 11:42 AM
Avid

I just sent this video to Apple and will let you know what they say. Thanks
Old 03-09-2020, 12:02 PM

awesome! thanks!
Old 03-09-2020, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
This has been around for a long time and actually a bug in Logic. I'm pretty sure Apple told me it would be fixed in the next update. What version of logic are you on ?
I am on latest version of Logic. Also reminder the same screen occurs on Sweetwater S1 demo using Protools suggesting it might be Eucon.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:09 PM

I'm having this issue (S3 Dock and App) in Logic also.
Normally relaunching Eucon is required and then it keeps going for a while.
It might account for a few other anomalies I keep seeing....but have trouble explaining too.
Regards
Matt
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 03-10-2020, 07:59 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnycheeba View Post
I'm having the same issue and using the latest version of logic. Tried on two separate computers. One on Mojave and the other on Catalina with a fresh install (no 3rd party plugins) and the S1 still freezes up after using the config option to add plugins. It seems to work fine when I first start adding plugins but eventually starts hanging my machine and eventually logic crashes.

I've contacted support and sent them videos. It's been 10 days since I've heard from support . Still waiting on an update. I was a bit surprised to see the response from Avid here in regards to it being an issue on Apple's side. Is it possible that you need more beta testers for Logic and the S1? If so sign me up I'll be happy to help report any bugs/issues.

Here is a video of what is happening on my end. https://youtu.be/1KgitT9bs8c
Apple noted that you are using the Softube Console 1 plugin which is known to freeze up logic for up to 30 seconds or more. It has to do a while bunch of stuff each time you add it. They are working remotely at the moment but will test on their S1 once they get back into their office.