Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 12-05-2017, 06:23 AM

Default Re: CM Magazine giving away AIR Vacuum Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazC View Post
.... 'content cannot be found ....
On opening Transfuser:

Click on Spanner/Wrench (right-hand side of Transfuser's 'air' logo)

Click on yellow arrow in CONTENT LOCATION box to set or change location.
Choose a new directory. Requires restart.

To check Transfuser's current CONTENT LOCATION:
Swipe/highlight the existing words in CONTENT LOCATION – copy & paste to read the full path.

Last edited by unkJE; 07-04-2021 at 11:21 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:32 AM

First thing I did when it started happening. Path is correct. Again, as I pointed out AIR acknowledged the bug and have done SFA about it for over 3 years.

Shifting Sands Audio
www.shiftingsandsaudio.com
soundcloud.com/shiftingsands

Asus X79 Deluxe | i7 4930K @ 4.1 | 32Gb Ripjaws CL9 GBLZ | Radeon R5 230 | Win7 Pro (64) | 256Gb Samsung 850 SSD | 2x 1Tb Seagate SATA | 250Gb Samsung EVO SSD | 128 Samsung SSD | Antec 650W | ProTools 11.3.2HD, 10.3.9HD, 12.5 | Cubase 9.0.20 Pro | Nuendo 8 | Studio One 3.2 Pro | RME UFX | 2x Octopre Mkii Dynamic | Alphatrack | DTouch | Logitech G510 | Kensington Trackball | Yamaha UX256
Old 12-06-2017, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazC View Post
.... Path is correct. ....
Transfuser needs to see the User Data Folder which contains the .big file.

When you swipe/copy/paste from Transfuser's CONTENT LOCATION, what is the exact name of your listed Path?

Something's amiss - Transfuser works OK for others - myself included.
Be nice to nail whatever it is that's giving you grief .... this is a handy plug-in!
Old 12-06-2017, 12:15 PM

Thanks for trying to help but Transfuser finds the .big file fine, certain loops trigger the problem and only when another VI is also present in the session. Transfuser works fine when no other VI is instantiated so it's definitely not a problem with the location of the file itself. Happens in Cubase as well so even hosting Transfuser VST in PM Chainer or Patchwork in Pro Tools doesn't help.

This was initially reported to AIR over 3 years ago - not only by me, others have the same issue - and they even acknowledged it as a known bug. They said "yes we know Transfuser can be unstable when used with other VI's" and closed the case as solved.

I can reproduce this bug 100% of the time but AIR just arent interested. Terrible customer support and a company I'll have no truck with moving forward. I could understand it if I was the only one having the issue but I'm not and to then actually say "yes we know it's a bug" and close the ticket as solved tells me all I need to know about them.

Transfuser is a great program ('missing or damaged content' bug withstanding!) and I do use it a lot although I'm getting increasingly sick of working round the issue by having to compose with it first then freezing it before moving on to everything else in the composition or rewiring it in another DAW to at least try to keep it active while composing but it's so infuriating when AIR have acknowledged it as a known issue but refuse to do anything about it.

Shifting Sands Audio
www.shiftingsandsaudio.com
soundcloud.com/shiftingsands

Asus X79 Deluxe | i7 4930K @ 4.1 | 32Gb Ripjaws CL9 GBLZ | Radeon R5 230 | Win7 Pro (64) | 256Gb Samsung 850 SSD | 2x 1Tb Seagate SATA | 250Gb Samsung EVO SSD | 128 Samsung SSD | Antec 650W | ProTools 11.3.2HD, 10.3.9HD, 12.5 | Cubase 9.0.20 Pro | Nuendo 8 | Studio One 3.2 Pro | RME UFX | 2x Octopre Mkii Dynamic | Alphatrack | DTouch | Logitech G510 | Kensington Trackball | Yamaha UX256