Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 08-04-2022, 10:01 PM

Default Anyone getting changed audio after commit?

a few pros in my circle have mentioned that using commit sometimes does not have the same sound as the uncommited.even looked at on a scope, and saw the dif

anyone else have this? or notice

Ventura ,PT 2022.10, MacbookPro 13"[2020] M1 16G, Antelope Orion 32+ Gen3..SSL Sigma summing, SMART Comp C1LA, CharterOak EQP-1 Oceanway Audio HR4S monitors . SSL X-Rack w XR618 compressors, dbx 160x [2]
Old 08-05-2022, 03:53 AM

Default Re: Anyone getting changed audio after commit?

Guess it depends on the plug-in, though I can't think of any off the top of my head. The main one I've noticed is that if you "commit up to this insert" on a mono track, but there's a mono->stereo plug-in after that insert, it incorrectly creates a stereo track instead of a mono one, which can then throw your balance out.
Old 08-05-2022, 10:36 AM

Or it can be due to even more esoteric criteria like for example,
in Equilibrium EQ you have different quality settings for playback and offline rendering, and as commit obviously uses offline rendering, there you go....you have your differences. hopefully they are for the better :)
Old 08-05-2022, 12:33 PM

Yes, in agreement with above, I've used noise profile or frequency band "learns" such as in RX or Neutron in Pro Tools, and using the Learn on the exact same selections, I see sometimes an alternation between 2+ result curves. Pressing the learn button again will pop in a slightly different profile.

It's interesting to note that the same features of brains and reality which would make the sound better (arguably) for a human experience would also make "the same process" have inexact results when run again.

It's not just a free-running LFO you are pressing play on randomly (at least in the future) - not One Time Passwords based on a tick calculation of some sort. I'm not only talking about the difference between a deterministic computer and one based on "mechanical randomness" or "quantum indeterminacy"... I mean from the design principle: if I hit "learn noise", do I actually want only one solution always, if the noise actually does vary?

In AI generation, seed values might give us options. And sometimes is seems some plug-ins are using them, and arriving at different outcomes from the same initial point. It is of course reassuring to press play and hear the same song, but that instantly bores some others!
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //