How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2013, 05:15 AM

Default Left Channel Audio Regions on Timeline force to Original Stereo

Hello,

I have a Pro Tools 10 Session, and stereo sound effects have been imported into the project region list. Obviously it has stereo as well as the left and right version split in the region list.

A few sounds effects had the left audio version dragged onto the timeline in Pro Tools.

What is the quickest and best procedure so I can make a new Stereo track, and the left sound effect which has already been placed to then go back to the original stereo file and drag that onto the new track.

So basically the timing, position and placement of the left channel sound effect gets put into the Stereo track as the original stereo version.

How I been doing it is, marking a cut point where the sound effect is in the left channel on t he timeline then extending the clip back to the start position.

Then below in the stereo track getting the start point of the sound effect to match the left channel sound effect above in the mono track then cutting the section in stereo to where it should be. obviously with loads of audio clips this is time consuming. any way to do it faster and easy?

Thanks,

Leo
Old 11-10-2013, 08:05 AM

Default Re: Left Channel Audio Regions on Timeline force to Original Stereo

Possibly working, only if you have HD or CPTK :
The mono left track - designate as field recorder guide track (right click track name),
search area (right click track name) - point to the audio files folder,
extend channels to new tracks (my translation of the german menu) (right click track name) - timecode
this should create 2 new mono tracks,
one with a copy of the already existing mono left clip and
one of the corresponding mono right clip,
once done with all mono left clips on the original mono left track, it can be deleted,
the clips of the 2 newly created tracks can be alt-dragged to a new stereo track.
Win7 64bit Professional , i7 3930 Hexcore , 48GB Ram , SSD System + SSD PT Session/Audio + SSD Video (all Samsung 840 Evo) + Spinner 1TB Data , 2x Radeon HD 5450 \\ SD 633 Femto MKH8060 MKH8070 MKH30/MKH40 DPA4060
Old 11-10-2013, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Left Channel Audio Regions on Timeline force to Original Stereo

Thanks for the reply. Yes I think the feature is only in the Complete tool Kit and Pro Tools HD. I was reading a pdf about the audio field recorder and matching the audio.

Thanks,

Leo