Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 04-27-2010, 07:00 PM

Default how to export midi.

having some problems exporting my midi drum tracks... here's what im working with

a session with several tempo change markers...(which have changed the speed of some parts of the midi drums) when i go to export the midi file those tempo changes are lost (guessing because smf do not carry over the "tempo map"/tempo change markers" i have made. how can i export the midi file while maintaining the changes that the tempo change makers have made to the midi performance. Need to get those midi performances into another non-pt daw.

so more or less is there a way to apply the tempo changes to the midi file before i export?

experimented with applying real-time properties before export and flattening. not working. any ideas
Old 04-27-2010, 07:45 PM

Default Re: how to export midi.

There is no tempo change associated with midi. It always follows the tempo of the DAW. However you can use sysex message at the beginning and most DAW will ask if you want to use the tempo of the midi file.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:12 PM

Default Re: how to export midi.

found a post on how to export the tempo map from pt via the midi file but that only gets me halfway to where i wanted to be which is similar to what your describing. i would like to use the midi files in logic without having the tempo changes show up also from the pt session.

wish there was a way to make those tempo changes to the midi sequence itself before export so I wouldnt have to use the pt tempo map.