Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2002, 02:28 PM

Default Stuffit Requires Carbon Lib, Load From Oringinal Disk?

How do I get around this message when I download something? Is there a Stuffit Expander that I have to purchase? Please Help. Thanks In Advance
Old 10-04-2002, 02:54 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Stuffit Requires Carbon Lib, Load From Oringinal Disk?

Apple CarbonLib is an extension.
It should be enabled in your Extensions Manager, named CarbonLib. If you don't have it, here's a link to download:
- http://www.versiontracker.com/morein...id=7883&db=mac

Mac downloads (.bin, .hqx, .sea, .sit) require Stuffit Expander or other decoding utility. Newer Mac downloads require Stuffit Expander version 5.1.2 or higher. You can download the free Aladdin Stuffit Expander from their website:
www.stuffit.com/expander

Stuffit Expander has been included with Mac OS and some web browser installations for a few years now, so you probably already have it on your system. Do a Find for Expander, and delete older versions, keeping just one version.

More info on the Website Help page linked in the DUC header and footer, specifically here:
- http://www.digidesign.com/download/help.html#7

You may already have the components you need, but some may not be enabled in Extensions Mgr. These should be enabled:
StuffIt Engine™
CarbonLib

At least that's the Stuffit extension that needs to be enabled for Expander versions 5 and 6.
I just upgraded earlier this week to the new version of the paid program Stuffit Deluxe 7.0, which added a few more things into my extensions folder, so I'm not sure if the very latest version of the free Stuffit Expander 7 installs different components, but if you download it, it will put whatever you need to run it in the System Folder.