Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 02-21-2013, 12:56 PM

Default question about macros and studio compatibility

Hello people,
I use PT9 non HD and I am going to start creating my own macros and stuff...
I also work in other studios with PT HD 8, 9 and 10 so I want to be able to take my macros and all of my custom configurations with me to be able to use it on those studios..

Is this something that can be done with no compatibility problems?

Also, one of the custom shortcuts I want to create (maybe with quickey, I haven't decided) is one for: "select tracks in group", "solo tracks in group", etc... would this be possible?

And a couple of side questions: could anyone show me how to assign 2 Id letters or 3 to a group?

How is the banks in the grouping used? I can see that there are 4 banks of alphabet letters, but how can I use it effectively ?

Thanks a lot people that s alll!
Old 02-22-2013, 11:30 AM

Default Re: question about macros and studio compatibility

Hey people, nobody?
Old 02-23-2013, 06:38 AM

Quote:
s this something that can be done with no compatibility problems?
From my experience, macros don't work very well with different versions of PT. To make them 100% compatible, you have to adjust them constantly.
http://immersivesoundvr.com/
Old 03-13-2013, 12:56 PM

anyone else can chime on this,
I need to know which is the less troublesome application like quickeys , keyboardMaestro, ikeys etc, so that when I go to other systems/computers I could just load my macros/custom shorcuts and work inmediately...

I know that system preferences would be my way to go, but it is limited to what it can do...

thanks a lot
Old 03-13-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoretam View Post
anyone else can chime on this,
I need to know which is the less troublesome application like quickeys , keyboardMaestro, ikeys etc, so that when I go to other systems/computers I could just load my macros/custom shorcuts and work inmediately...

I know that system preferences would be my way to go, but it is limited to what it can do...

thanks a lot
Its imposible to go from OSX(Place version here) to OSX(Place version here) to Windows(Place version here) to Windows(Place version here)...

Setting up the MAc Macros will be closest to being able to go from a Mac to a Mac and having everything load up and work right away, but will not work on Windows at all... Id get QuickKeys as its been tried and true over se veral OS(Place version here) MAC AND Windows.

Last I heard they were still developing the code for Mountain Lion but thats been a few months since I looked into it.

Here is the website to read more...
http://startly.com/
Old 03-13-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonthurley View Post
Its imposible to go from OSX(Place version here) to OSX(Place version here) to Windows(Place version here) to Windows(Place version here)...

Setting up the MAc Macros will be closest to being able to go from a Mac to a Mac and having everything load up and work right away, but will not work on Windows at all... Id get QuickKeys as its been tried and true over se veral OS(Place version here) MAC AND Windows.

Last I heard they were still developing the code for Mountain Lion but thats been a few months since I looked into it.

Here is the website to read more...
http://startly.com/
thanks , you answered this thread too, .... i work on lion...very rarely on windows 7,