Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2022, 10:07 AM

Default Long time user, first time w/subscription question

With the old protools versions, when i opened protools to create a new session, I'd have the option of selecting my external drive to write the session to. My new Artist subscription does not give me this option...at least I don't see it, or am I able to find it. Anyone know how to do this?
Old 06-21-2022, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Long time user, first time w/subscription question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven O'Neill View Post
With the old protools versions, when i opened protools to create a new session, I'd have the option of selecting my external drive to write the session to. My new Artist subscription does not give me this option...at least I don't see it, or am I able to find it. Anyone know how to do this?
From the "Dashboard": Create > Local Storage > Location. You can put the session anywhere you want.

The Dashboard is right in your face on startup, at least by default, or File > Create New takes you there.