Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 08-31-2017, 10:55 AM

Default Cloud Collaboration Deleting Files? // Melodyne Files Gone

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has experience with Avid Cloud Collaboration deleting files on you?

I've had to continually "redownload" sessions from the "Open Project" splash screen upon start up, since the session has the blue cloud with a down arrow symbol next to it.

I assumed if I was out of storage for example, that Avid would just not let me upload more stuff. After being warned that I used 99% I took two old projects off that I saved copies locally of and brought my usage down to around 70%.

Went to open an old session I was working on with a vocalist, some busses, an instrumental, and several vocal tracks each with Melodyne Plugins on them.

Now it seems that all my melodyne transfers are missing, and they aren't even present when I dig into Finder along this path...

/Users/samuelharchik/Documents/Pro Tools/Project Cache/8G-efMFJjbnLI9-4gpXFUc/3i2_egZIb5_M5FWNeACN_b#.ptproject/Revision History/Manual Saves/Melodyne/Transfers

So since everything worked fine a few days ago when I had this session open, I'm wonder what gives... I can NOT do all this work over again.

Any thoughts?! Thank you!

Last edited by sharchik; 08-31-2017 at 11:10 AM.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Cloud Collaboration Deleting Files? // Melodyne Files Gone

Sorry to hear about this. All I can offer is; be sure you have all of the needed data on all "Projects" stored locally and test the backup before walking away. Perhaps someone here can offer more.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 08-31-2017, 12:37 PM

Pondering this situation, I don't believe Pro Tools can know about Melodyne's work files so any track with Melodyne would need to be committed before transferring between cloud or local storage.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 09-03-2017, 08:38 AM

Wow. That really sucks and it needs to be changes. NOW.

Steve
Old 09-11-2017, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharchik View Post
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has experience with Avid Cloud Collaboration deleting files on you?

I've had to continually "redownload" sessions from the "Open Project" splash screen upon start up, since the session has the blue cloud with a down arrow symbol next to it.
[/B]
Yes. As I've described in other threads, I had this same problem of having to frequently re-download Projects from the cloud.

Also: One day PT deleted the three Projects from the Project Cache folder. One minute I saw them there, and a few minutes later they were gone.

And they wouldn't download from the cloud for some unknown reason until the next day.

There was a 24+ hour period where I couldn't access my files at all.

Once I was able to download the Projects again, I immediately saved them as Sessions and ceased working with PT Cloud Collaboration.