How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Aspera DigiDelivery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2008, 09:39 AM

Default Please provide transfer figures

Hi,

on my GT server connected via gigabit to our intranet It takes about 20minutes to transfer 4GB to my local server. Why is this so slow.

It takes 4 minutes or less to transfer the same data to a different mac via the same network.

I´ve deselected "optimize for internet delivery" wich is correct for thsi kind of transfer but still no improvement.

Does this sound like normal? What are your transfer rates when you transfer via gigabit to the server?

Thanks,

frank.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Please provide transfer figures

Frank,
Quote:
on my GT server connected via gigabit to our intranet It takes about 20minutes to transfer 4GB to my local server. Why is this so slow? It takes 4 minutes or less to transfer the same data to a different mac via the same network. I´ve deselected "optimize for internet delivery" which is correct for this kind of transfer but still no improvement. Does this sound like normal? What are your transfer rates when you transfer via gigabit to the server?
Chris here from Aspera... When you say "transfer 4GB to my local server" do you specifically mean that you are posting a delivery to the server? Or are you receiving a delivery from the server? Whichever one you are talking about, I would be curious as to the rate you get in the other direction.

These rates are not very good and I know we have customers running faster than this. Why don't you log a support ticket with us, we'll look at it, and you can report back here what we come up with?

Chris
Old 06-04-2008, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Frank,
Quote:
on my GT server connected via gigabit to our intranet It takes about 20minutes to transfer 4GB to my local server. Why is this so slow? It takes 4 minutes or less to transfer the same data to a different mac via the same network. I´ve deselected "optimize for internet delivery" which is correct for this kind of transfer but still no improvement. Does this sound like normal? What are your transfer rates when you transfer via gigabit to the server?
Chris here from Aspera... When you say "transfer 4GB to my local server" do you specifically mean that you are posting a delivery to the server? Or are you receiving a delivery from the server? Whichever one you are talking about, I would be curious as to the rate you get in the other direction.

These rates are not very good and I know we have customers running faster than this. Why don't you log a support ticket with us, we'll look at it, and you can report back here what we come up with?

Chris
Yes Chris, I meant sending a delivery from my workstation to the GT-server connected via gigabit on my studio-network (not being routed via WAN).

I´ve sent an e-mail about this matter on March 11th to [email protected]. The response was there is very little info about performance figures of the units.

So I thought I might send some info in this forum about what people are seeing on their networks.

All my switches and bridges are showing 1000baseT speed but the effective transferspeed when uploading to the server hardly ever exceeds 100baseT speed. All other transfers within my network from one DAW to the other and to our regular file-server are at full gigabit-speed.

I´ll test how long a download takes from the server and post back.

Thanks for your help,

frank.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:11 AM

We have totally the same problem. Downloading from our inhouse ServLT a 0,5GB file cost 10 minutes! (The file landed on our server using the Server To Server function) I disconnected the server from the LAN and connected directly to my computer through a 1 Gigabit Linksys switch. The result was the same. Using the same switch I made different transfers with the same test file between computers hanging on the same LAN, the transfer time was under 1 minute (vary from 10 sec to 50 sec). How can I find the problem in the Serv LT?

Thanks, Aspera!