Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 12:39 AM

Default Control Surfaces for 7.0

My mixes are sounding better and better in PT, time to step it up with a control surface, im pretty much on the fence over the command 8 and the mackie control, ill be using it with a mbox (funny huh, dont doubt the power) and a G4 powerbook.

Any one have experience with either and wanna give me a quick heads up. im already leaning towards the mackie cause i hate digi's faders - not the actual feel, but the oval buttons....thanks in advance.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:55 AM

Default Re: Control Surfaces for 7.0

The Mackie control has most of it's functions supported but the Extenders don't support Sends and if you have 3 Extenders with the Mackie Control (32 tracks) it goes into a never ending loop updating the Mackie control and Extenders display and faders. I have confirmed that this condition only exists in the PT7 software environment not sure about PT6.9 having tested it with Sonar 4 and 5. I also called and spoke with Digi support got the typical reply it was a Mackie problem.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Control Surfaces for 7.0

I would recommend buying a product made by the company that creates the software.
I have been a Digi user for 10 years and have never bought 3rd party hardware.
Wouldn't even dream of it. When it comes to support, you have to believe that the people
who created the software have the ability to create a control surface that speaks to what they created
better than someone who did not. The support issue alone should beat out Mackie.
All a Mackie, as well as any 3rd party is doing, is HUI emulation. That's been done.
If that's what you want, I would recommend a used HUI. It's made much better than Mackie Control.
Just an opinion.
D