Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 09-18-2005, 12:07 AM

Default VOCALS RECORDED ON 002 RACK

Hello my name is Khayree. My problem is this I have a digi 002 rack a Mac G4 1.25 Dual, 1 and a half gig of ram PTs 6.7 Panther 10.3.9. Whenever I record vocal I get a metallic click noise in my recordings. It is horrible. I have tried 4 different mics, I go thru the Avalon to the oo2. And when I go direct to the 002 from the mic it still does it. Now here the BIG catch. I also took the old some to Guitar Center and it did it there.Digi sent me a new 002 rack ' for $149' and it does the same thing. I then used a Motu and garage band to test and it also made the click sound. Is the a word clock problem? PLEASE HELP as it is difficult to eat when the studio isn't recording vocals.

Thanks

Khayree

[email protected]
Old 09-18-2005, 10:31 PM

Default Re: VOCALS RECORDED ON 002 RACK

Do you get these noises with other signals too?

Yes but no where near as frequently as I do when I record vocals.

Is the "MOTU" (?) qualified for use under 10.3.9?

I dont know I borrowed it from a fellow producer.

Do you have the correct version of CAM and Quicktime?

I have QT 7.0 Digi CAM 6.7

This behaviour occurs at all FW ports? Is there anyway to record audio without using FireWire just for a test?

Yes thru both ports on the G4. I have no other way or recording other than PTs.

Can you clock from something other than whichever audio device is processing audio at the time?

I have a Apogee rosetta AD converter. I tried to run my avalon thru it to the 002 but it didnt work. no signal. I would also get this clicking problem before the 002 when I used a Audio Media III card.

Get your clock from the MOTU box while using PT....? It might tell you something.
How would I do that?

Have you reset the PMU and zapped PRAM recently?

No I havent unless i did it by accident. What are the PMU & Pram?
These are just guesses, HTH RR
Old 09-19-2005, 08:29 AM
Avid

Khayree - Can you give us specifics about how everything is connected, as well as any peripherals currently connected to your computer?

Have you gone through all the steps in the OS X Setup and General Troubleshooting sticky at the top of this forum?
Old 09-19-2005, 04:19 PM

Ok my system is a G4 1.25 dual 1,5 gig of ram I have a 200 Seagate HD for mo OS I am as of today on Tiger 10.4 & PTs 6.9 my core drive is ver 6.9. I have 4 internal fire wire drive and 1 external fire wire drive. I have a D link usb/firewire hub hooked in to my G4 I have 8 devices running through it. 'Note this problem happen prior to the D-link hub'.... Into the hub I have my scanner, a USB cable for my canon digi cam, a fire wire cable for my hi8 cam, my Ipod usb and 2 hard drives. I am running a firewire cable directly to my G4 from the 002R. I records through the Avalon 737 into PTs. This clicking happens even when I go direct into PTs. I also bought a new firewire cable which help decrease the clicking & popping. Did you receive the audio clip of the clicking I email you. Thanks again Rob and Digi tech support for jumping on the scène this is really draing my $$ and energy. Is there anyone @ digi that makes house call for $$ I need a PTs Dr....