Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2001, 04:28 PM

Default My first day with 5.1

My first day with 5.1.

All seems good!, the mixer sounds better!.

I pop up my favourite McDSP plug ins up and WHOA BEHOLD all the mapping is different in the DSP section to the previous versions!....FARRRRRK.

How the hell are we supposed to perfect using this desk when things get changed very couple of months.

I'm totally bombazzled as to why it's been changed......and NOT TO MENTION NOT WORKING PROPERLY.....some pots are assigned to buttons so there is no sweepable parameter.......VERY LAME!.

I just wish for once in my life these software people take the attitude of "IT'S NOT BROKE DON'T FIX IT"

WHY? why? WHY?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also there are alot of problems in flip mode also......Why THE HECK ARE SOME BUTTONS ASSIGNED TO FADERS!?....we gotta push a fader on to turn something "ON" then the fader slams back to -INF...................I DON'T UNDERSTAND......doesn't anyone check this stuff out before selling it???

I'm sorry guys if I seem to be an eternal whinger here on the PC forum but I just don't understand why this stuff happens.......Don't these guys EVER use this stuff in real life?....Don't they understand what TACTILE control is all about?....Don't they understand that everytime things get changed there is a new learning curve involved.

Don't get me wrong i'm all for software upgrades and the like but why change something when it's not needed?

I'm totally confused now and have to learn more DSP section maps.........VERY LAME.....especially after I had perfected them.

Do we need to start calling this the "Slow Control" because of new learning curves every 6 months?

It's great to finally have a button for input montoring status...AT LAST!!!!.

While I'm at it......why doesn't the PC have any phase metering?...it is a PRO control after all.....doesn't phase matter anymore?

OK off my soap box.