Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2004, 11:33 AM

Default Thank You Digidesign!

Just wanted to post my thanks to Digidesign for fixing my 002R power supply unit so quickly, professionally and hassle free. Great customer service guys!
Old 08-11-2004, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Thank You Digidesign!

You're welcome, and thanks for the feedback!
Old 08-11-2004, 12:22 PM

Hey Jeff, I love it how you're 'right there' on the thank you posts.

But it seems like it takes forever to get digidesign's attention on matters that are more problematic. No offense or anything, it just strikes me as funny.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:25 PM

That reminds me - I've got to give Digi a call about my third defective Command8...

fouth time's a charm, eh?
Old 08-11-2004, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Hey Jeff, I love it how you're 'right there' on the thank you posts. But it seems like it takes forever to get digidesign's attention on matters that are more problematic. No offense or anything, it just strikes me as funny.
All but one of my recent posts have been technical replies, and I'm not even the main rep up here.

Still, I'm sorry that we're not meeting your expectations...
Old 08-11-2004, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Just wanted to post my thanks to Digidesign for fixing my 002R power supply unit so quickly, professionally and hassle free. Great customer service guys!
Great customer service you say ?

Digidesign is aware of this problem for a long long time, but they simply continued selling the product !
Real customer service would be to recall all the potentially faulty units and repair them and to release the "faulty"
serial numbers so the lucky rest of us can start working without worrying how long it lasts ...
Old 08-11-2004, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Digidesign is aware of this problem for a long long time, but they simply continued selling the product !
Real customer service would be to recall all the potentially faulty units and repair them and to release the "faulty" serial numbers so the lucky rest of us can start working without worrying how long it lasts ...
Actually, we implemented improvements to the DC Harness and Power Supply early in the life of the 002, so you are incorrect in stating "Digidesign is aware of this problem for a long long time, but they simply continued selling the product !" We have extended the warranty in all power related 002 RA's to date, and upgraded these units at no cost to the customer. If you have a problem with your 002, please contact us directly so that we can resolve it. Thanks!
Old 08-11-2004, 03:02 PM

I just wanted to chime in here and say THANK YOU as well...If you read my post BAD POWER HARNESS/POWER SUPPLY you'l notice I posted it today. I called Digi today and was on hold for a very reasonable amount of time. They issued me a replacement cable and said if it's the power supply, no matter if it's 2 years from now they said it would be fixed free.

Thats what I call customer service...!!!!

I've dealt with being on hold with many a company in my day being an IT Manager, and I must say that Digidesign was the best response I've ever gotten from a company.

Thanks to Eric Dower from Digidesign!
Old 08-11-2004, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Real customer service would be to recall all the potentially faulty units and repair them and to release the "faulty" serial numbers so the lucky rest of us can start working without worrying how long it lasts ...
Actually, we implemented improvements to the DC Harness and Power Supply early in the life of the 002, so you are incorrect in stating "Digidesign is aware of this problem for a long long time, but they simply continued selling the product !" We have extended the warranty in all power related 002 RA's to date, and upgraded these units at no cost to the customer. If you have a problem with your 002, please contact us directly so that we can resolve it. Thanks!
-If Digidesign implemented these improvements so early, how come so many units failed ?

-Extending the warranty is no more than obvious, nothing to compliment yourself with.

-Tracking the units at the dealers and in the warehouses and pull them back before selling would have been
the correct reaction. Many users bought a unit that failed long after the problem was described and well-known in detail.

-Saying "If you have a problem with your 002, please contact us" is lame. When you make a mistake, it's your duty to react on it.
It should not be the duty of the customer to discover your failure somewhere along the road.
The many users who are still posting messages like "my 002 is losing contact" and "it makes a clicking noise" aren't getting
painful to Digidesign ?. When you did not manage to track the units before selling them, why didn't Digidesign
inform those customers based on their serialnr. right after registration ?

Can you explain to us users, why we are not getting informed on our potentially faulty units ?
Because this strategy is cheaper for Digidesign ?!?!

If Digidesign would release the bad productionbatch serials the users would still have to act, but YOU could at least avoid them from making the very irritating experience of a failing unit right in the middle of a recording !

Thanks in advance for your competent answer JC !!!

p.s. If Digidesign doesn't come up with a satisfying solution, I will inform "Verbraucherschutz" (Customer protection) in Germany,
which happens to be one of your bigger retail area's.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:11 PM

Blutus - I would encourage you to read the End User Agreement included with your product registration, and let us know if we are not meeting our documented warranty. Thank you.

P.S. Are you having problems with your 002?