Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2011, 09:41 AM

Default XPAND2, Factory content missing.....BIG file is 0 KB, and unnaccessible.

Installed PTHD 8 from dvd.....Xpand 2 and most air VI's dont load, because of factory content missing........Googled, blah blah blah.....I have the creative collection folder...located .BIG file.....but it is greyed out, and cant click on it....and 0 KB......

Question....How do I reinstall Creative collection only?.....THE INSTALLER DVD hangs on xpand2 install script...I let it go, and it finished.......like 40 minutes......but still did not work........Seems like it has been an issue for a while........does anyone have any work arounds.....Or can we just install XPAND2.........NOT JUST the AIR BLOG answers....because they do not work........I have hundreds of compositions using Xpand2, and need to access it....help would be appreciated......

G5 2.0 on HD2 system
Old 08-26-2011, 09:44 AM

Default Re: XPAND2, Factory content missing.....BIG file is 0 KB, and unnaccessible.

Ohh, and there is no Air.db file in the content folder
Old 08-26-2011, 02:54 PM

Default Re: XPAND2, Factory content missing.....BIG file is 0 KB, and unnaccessible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkstudios View Post
Installed PTHD 8 from dvd.....Xpand 2 and most air VI's dont load, because of factory content missing........Googled, blah blah blah.....I have the creative collection folder...located .BIG file.....but it is greyed out, and cant click on it....and 0 KB......

Question....How do I reinstall Creative collection only?.....THE INSTALLER DVD hangs on xpand2 install script...I let it go, and it finished.......like 40 minutes......but still did not work........Seems like it has been an issue for a while........does anyone have any work arounds.....Or can we just install XPAND2.........NOT JUST the AIR BLOG answers....because they do not work........I have hundreds of compositions using Xpand2, and need to access it....help would be appreciated......

G5 2.0 on HD2 system
Hi,

You should be able to download PT8 full installer from your avid account. Login to your account and under purchase history you'll find the installers for all your products. the creative collection is installed along with the rest of pro tools files.

The xpand.big file should be 1.57 GB once installed

chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:04 AM

DID NOT WORK.....xpand2, boom, and mini grand .big files are 0kb.......DIGI please help
Old 09-04-2011, 01:25 PM

Can someone with similar experience please help me....I have asked digidesign tech support...and no help.....I have PT HD 8 installer dvd.....I have PT HD 8 installer from avid account......I have installed and reinstalled PT 8 like 10 times....trashed all preferences, and went through all neccessary steps.......BUT NO HELP.....still creative collection is 0 KB!!!!! and no air.db file in content folder.........BTW...powermac g5 2.0 with leopard 10.5.8..........................PT HD2 with 192 io......... ANYONE!!!!!!!!!! arghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Just want xpand2....because I have tons of music utilizing the plugin....and need to get the compositions bounced out.....
Old 09-04-2011, 02:11 PM

Try using a new User Account and Repair Permissions.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:12 PM

This has been a problem since V8 and is part of the reason I just haven't been using PT much lately. The only way I ever got it solved was by digi sending me the .big files directly. It's an issue with the installer or OS X, and I'm pretty shocked it hasn't been resolved yet actually.

Mac Pro 2008 (Harpertown) -- OS X 10.8.2 -- 16GB RAM -- WD Black Drives -- UA Apollo Quad -- Pro Tools 10 w/ CPTK
Old 09-04-2011, 03:03 PM

Thank you........I just dont want to spend 75 dollars to talk to them through tech support........super catch 22.....and frustrating.....especially since I have using PT since the NUBUS days.......