Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 11-07-2011, 12:59 AM

Unhappy trouble upgrading 9 to 10 on new mac

hello-

i just purchased a new 2.7 GHz intel core i5 iMac running version 10.7.2 and pro tools 9 with an mbox mini to set up recording at my home. i didn't realize at the time that pro tools 9 wasn't compatible with the Lion (10.7) but was assured that i would be able to upgrade to 10 for free since i bought it after a certain date.

i downloaded the disk image named "pro_tools_10_installer_73451.dmg" from the avid website (along with a virtual instruments disk image that mounted and worked just fine) and when i try to mount it a "warning" window pops up and it says "the following disk images couldn't be opened

Image Reason
Pro_Tools_10_installer not recognized

i have no idea why it won't recognize the disk image because it recognized the other one that i got from the same site at the same time. also, i received a one time only access code to upgrade from pro tools 9 to 10, so I can't try to just re-download it.

if anyone has any advice or ideas i would GREATLY appreciate it. i am at a loss here.

thank you.
nate
Old 11-07-2011, 02:42 AM

Default Re: trouble upgrading 9 to 10 on new mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8mee View Post
hello-

i just purchased a new 2.7 GHz intel core i5 iMac running version 10.7.2 and pro tools 9 with an mbox mini to set up recording at my home. i didn't realize at the time that pro tools 9 wasn't compatible with the Lion (10.7) but was assured that i would be able to upgrade to 10 for free since i bought it after a certain date.

i downloaded the disk image named "pro_tools_10_installer_73451.dmg" from the avid website (along with a virtual instruments disk image that mounted and worked just fine) and when i try to mount it a "warning" window pops up and it says "the following disk images couldn't be opened

Image Reason

i have no idea why it won't recognize the disk image because it recognized the other one that i got from the same site at the same time. also, i received a one time only access code to upgrade from pro tools 9 to 10, so I can't try to just re-download it.

if anyone has any advice or ideas i would GREATLY appreciate it. i am at a loss here.

thank you.
nate
I'll take a stab and suggest that you re-D/L the installer again and try once more.. Sometimes funny things can happen and the installers get a bit wonky...

If your bandwidth allows, give it a go..
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 11-07-2011, 02:53 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8mee View Post
Image Reason

thank you.
nate

Hi Nate,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I suspect some Lion issues. I have personally witnessed a very similar issue where I had to download it 3 times before it worked on OS Lion.

Can you check the size of the downloaded file please. Even though he download manager will indicate the file was downloaded 100% you may notice that the file size is not correct according to what the DL manager indicates.

Under investigation. Suspected OS issue.

Thanks
Old 11-07-2011, 08:32 AM

thanks @danander11 and @digitechsupt!

i am now re-downloading the .dmg file again from the avid website using their download manager thing.

@digitechsupt re: file size- Avid lists the Pro Tools 10 Installer (mac) file size at 2156.81mb- however, i only had 1.04gb downloaded when it said that the file had finished downloading. this sounds like what you were talking about and I'm pretty sure is the issue.

like i said- i am downloading the entire .dmg file again and will let you guys know the status.

thanks again for your replies and help!
nate