Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2023, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Public Beta: December 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbass View Post
I use EWQLSO in Opus.
Because you bought an Opus product which gave you access to that app/plugin. The issue is the fact that existing customers are denied access to Opus, *unless* they purchase something new. There's no technical reason for this, it's simply typical EW bull*****.
Old 02-02-2023, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
I don't mind paying for this Apple silicon update.
I agree if it’s reasonable. I want to support plugin developers that make products I love.
Old 02-02-2023, 04:04 PM

Case in point. Using the free license we get with Studio I was using Antares Duo (vocal doubler). Not on every mix but for the mix I'm currently working on. Anyway it requires Rosetta. My MacStudio, without Rosetta, seriously lets me mix with a 64 bit buffer so Duo annoyed me. I just uninstalled it and went with Sonnox Toolbox VoxDoubler for Native Systems for $69. That $69 lets me experience get the max out of my Mac. It was worth the money.
Old 02-02-2023, 05:48 PM

Is there a new beta coming or a release anytime soon?
Is there an ETA Avid has for the new Pro Tools 2023.1?

Thanks, Marc
New System: Macbook Pro M1 Max/16 gigs of Ram/Monterey/3 UAD Quad Satellites/2 PCIe Quad UAD cards/Waves Digigrid/Antelope Zen Pro/OWC 3 Slot Thunderbolt PCIe unit/Over 1400 plugins (Beta Tester for 15 different companies)

YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaZYp2wNomc
Old 02-02-2023, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post
Is there a new beta coming or a release anytime soon?
Is there an ETA Avid has for the new Pro Tools 2023.1?
Obviously there will not be a 2023.1 because it is february already. From the hints that I have taken there will not be another beta release and they are preparing to support Apple Silicon by the end of the quarter, which would likely mean 2023.3 very late of March,
Old 02-02-2023, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Obviously there will not be a 2023.1 because it is february already.
Well he's from Kakalaka -- they might be on a different calendar.
Old 02-03-2023, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
Well he's from Kakalaka -- they might be on a different calendar.
LOL...
New System: Macbook Pro M1 Max/16 gigs of Ram/Monterey/3 UAD Quad Satellites/2 PCIe Quad UAD cards/Waves Digigrid/Antelope Zen Pro/OWC 3 Slot Thunderbolt PCIe unit/Over 1400 plugins (Beta Tester for 15 different companies)

Old 02-03-2023, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Obviously there will not be a 2023.1 because it is february already. From the hints that I have taken there will not be another beta release and they are preparing to support Apple Silicon by the end of the quarter, which would likely mean 2023.3 very late of March,
Thanks, now I get the update number and why it's like that. Never knew. Look at me, learning stuff. LOL

Old 02-03-2023, 01:29 AM

Just noticed, this has always been the case but, Pro Tools should be much smarter by now, so I'll throw it out there.

1. I have a mono audio track with panning info going to a stereo aux track.
2. I now want to send that mono audio track to a mono aux track instead.
3. It tells me that I will lose my automation moves if I do this because it's not a stereo aux track. I get that but...

What if: Instead it asks "Would you like to send the panning automation to the mono aux track?" It's the same thing, just the aux track will now be doing the automation instead of the audio track. I hope this makes sense.

That would be a great alternative to just getting rid of the automation altogether. This just happened to me about 5 times and I thought, wouldn't it be great...

Also, this is something that Pro Tools and I guess all DAW's need as track counts get so high, and I like to separate tracks and keep them organized.
A blank track with nothing on it other than to be able to put the name of what you want, ala Busses>>> (Then all the bus tracks) <<<Busses.
I do this all the time using VCA tracks but it would be really nice to be able to use separate tracks to break up the monotony. I guess you can call them blank tracks. You can color them what you want and in the edit window, you obviously see them break up the tracks. That would be really nice.

Thanks, Marc

Old 02-03-2023, 05:31 AM

Quote:
What if: Instead it asks "Would you like to send the panning automation to the mono aux track?" It's the same thing, just the aux track will now be doing the automation instead of the audio track. I hope this makes sense.
How do you propose the merging of stereo pan automation data into mono pan data?

Quote:
Also, this is something that Pro Tools and I guess all DAW's need as track counts get so high, and I like to separate tracks and keep them organized.
A blank track with nothing on it other than to be able to put the name of what you want, ala Busses>>> (Then all the bus tracks) <<<Busses.
I do this all the time using VCA tracks but it would be really nice to be able to use separate tracks to break up the monotony. I guess you can call them blank tracks. You can color them what you want and in the edit window, you obviously see them break up the tracks. That would be really nice.
You can already do this with audio tracks and creating a blank clip group on the track as a colored separator between tracks.

Also, please continue this particular issue in its own thread. This thread is specifically about the beta release.
Closed Thread