Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2010, 02:23 PM

Default hypercontrol, more like hypocontrol

After using my Axiom Pro for a few months now, I'd have to say I'm overall very unsatisfied with this product. It is finicky. I use it with Pro Tools and Live. Thing is when it works it works well, but thats about 40% of the time. When I switch DAWs and load in the new DAW setting it often times simply sticks to one screen with none of the buttons working. I try and reload it and nothing works unless I basically restart everything. Why doesn't it first recognize the DAW you are in? Or at least not crash if you load the new DAW settings? Then in Live, using the drum pads is downright confusing. In the edit screen of the axiom pro it reads that the pads are going to C3 D3...etc. but the notes I'm getting are C5 and other random notes. This only works if you turn it back and forth into transport mode. ...Not convenient. Then the fact that you can't map knobs and sliders to an instrument, but instead have to flip to either one or the other??

Oh and another thing... I'm using this along side a Mackie Control. Well sometimes I am, but most of the time I have to turn one of them off, they don't seem to play nice... bank switching doesn't work on my MCU when the Axiom is also on, and sometimes when I channel switch I get access violations and Pro Tools crashes. So it's pretty much one or the other.

It's been disappointing. And feel free to look at my posting track record, I'm not a complainer, and I dislike posting things like this, but this thing crashes more than Pro Tools! (So nearly every time I turn the damn thing on.) It's getting to the point where I may end up asking for my money back on this thing. Anyone have luck with that? Do I have to go through my dealer or can I go straight to M-Audio or Avid?
Old 09-25-2010, 03:38 PM

Default Re: hypercontrol, more like hypocontrol

HyperControl and HUI do not work together.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:53 AM

I'm realizing this more and more. Now I just end up turning off the MCU if I'm composing/writing, and turning off the Axiom Pro if I'm mixing. Still, having the MCU turned off and disengaged from the peripherals setup doesn't solve my Axiom Pro issues.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:03 PM

Submit the Bug Report to M-Audio.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:28 PM

Unhappy Re: hypercontrol, more like hypocontrol

My axiom pro 49 F1-F7 keys dont work. I have pro tools HD 8.1 running a mac pro osx 10.6.4. I have tried everything. Resets, hitting every combination I can think of, posted a youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXqLZY2HetE. I think the software needs an update. I really wish that they would look at this and stop sending me the same responses. I have looked at every video, downgraded, up graded deleted plug ins. I have done everything in the manual. The manual does not even cover what each option in the edit window does. I have not found any literature explaining any of those options. I have changed the the options in the load screen, sometimes the transport works, most of the time it does not. I have downloaded the midi application they suggested to test midi function www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/ I am at a loss I feel like this thing is gimped. I have sent over 10 emails to Avid, I have payed for phone calls and I talked to someone that has never even used pro tools. Do I need a midi cord, is it not just USB? Does the zone/group button need to be pressed? do I have to hit learn button in pro tools and map it out for plug ins that are not avid? I mean this is just not working. I am really thinking about taking it back and getting a new one just to see if there is a software glitch in this one.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:46 AM

b8tron, I have about the same experience with it as you do. It feels like there's no concern in releasing something that actualy works. First I had hudge problems getting Pro Tools to work, now Axiom pro, frustration over frustration. Axiom only works for a short while. Then freezes and I have to restart everything. Not very productive.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:37 AM

msat, you do not have the same problem as OP as you are only running Axiom Pro. Until further notice, your problem could be operator error.