Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-01-2010, 11:53 PM

Default Send to Sibelius Not Working

Just upgraded to PTLE 8.03 on my 17" MBP - MacOS 10.5.8. I also run Sibelius 5.2.5.

I created a quick session - a few audio loops and some MIDI virtual instrument tracks - just to test everything out and explore the new plugs and AIR instruments. Hit "Send to Sibelius" and everything worked fine - there was my masterpiece beautifully scored and opened in Sibelius. No problem.

Then set to work on real project - no audio, just a load of MIDI VIs. I need a score for players so, once again, went to "Send To Sibelius" only to find the menu item greyed out. Not there - not an option! Looking at the Export Menu options, only MIDI is an available export option. Once again, the Sibelius option is greyed out.

I've opened a few other older sessions and none of them let me Send to Sibelius. Very frustrating as it's obviously worked before and I certainly can't think that I've changed anything.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Andrew
Old 03-02-2010, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Send to Sibelius Not Working

Not exactly sure on your specific problem, but would strongly recommend updating to Sibelius 6.

Fantastic improvements. Magnetic Layout is worth it on its' own.

Send To Sibelius definitely works with Sib 6 and PT 8, I use it very regularly.

Paul
Old 03-02-2010, 04:19 AM

Default Re: Send to Sibelius Not Working

You need to open the score window first. Not a midi window in score view but the actual score window menu item. Until you do that it will remain greyed out.