Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2002, 08:45 PM

Default Acoustic, DIY bass traps, etc....

Just curious if anyone out there has made any of the bass traps or wall panels from the John Risch guide? I have been researching this and want to treat my room and these dont seem like a bad way to go. I am just wondering how it compares to Auralex foam. It would be cheaper than auralex, but I want to make sure that the effects are good before I waste my time. For anyone interested, check out the website. http://www.geocities.com/jonrisch/
Thanks,
Ron
Old 03-27-2002, 09:27 PM

Default Re: Acoustic, DIY bass traps, etc....

I built two large acoustic panels that I use in my studio per Jon Risch's design. I also have the DIY triangular bass traps in each corner. It has improved the sound of the room dramatically. Im not sure how it compares to using sonex, but I've been very happy with the results
Old 03-27-2002, 10:17 PM

Good link for the bass trap.

I have made my panels myself using mansville is300 (703 equivalent), wood, paint and burlap.

You can see some of the panels here: http://6ameternal.com/Export/studio.jpg

6am eternal
Old 03-28-2002, 09:59 AM

Yours look good David. Do you have any weblinks that you used as guidelines to make yours? The 703 type panels dont seem like a bad idea at all. If you have anymore info on them, let me know.
Thanks for the response msunj. I definitely wanted to see if people are happy with the results. I personally thinking building it would be just as effective as any foam you can buy.
Ron