Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 12-10-2013, 01:48 PM

Default D- Command Protoolsls 11 - LATCH acts as though it is in TOUCH mode

I have to constantly stop & start because a lot of times my Latch mode enabled faders behave like they are in touch mode - when I lift a finger to grab another fader, the level rides back to where it came from.

Prefs are set to switch to (remain in this case) in Latch mode after pass.

I have not noticed this in Protools 10 at all!

Itb is mega frustrating when on a deadline - not to mention normalized clips jumping at you from hell!

Old 12-17-2013, 03:26 PM

Default Re: D- Command Protoolsls 11 - LATCH acts as though it is in TOUCH mode

I can't test this myself, but I'll ask around, and try to bump this up for you.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefB View Post
I have to constantly stop & start because a lot of times my Latch mode enabled faders behave like they are in touch mode - when I lift a finger to grab another fader, the level rides back to where it came from.

Prefs are set to switch to (remain in this case) in Latch mode after pass.

I have not noticed this in Protools 10 at all!

Itb is mega frustrating when on a deadline - not to mention normalized clips jumping at you from hell!

FYI, the Pref you're speaking about only applies AFTER you've made a Write pass so that's got nothing to do with your issue.

I could not get PT11 to exhibit this behavior. All passes worked as they should. Sorry I couldn't reproduce the issue.

Have you tried cycling and recalibrating your faders?

Goto: Utilitiy/Test/Fader/Cycle Let them cycle til they stop (takes about 5 min) Sometimes just some exercise does the trick.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:09 PM

So yesterday during rehearsal all of my plugs start behaving like they're stuck in Touch mode even though they're all set to Latch. This is a BIG deal because I leave the plugs in Write all the time to set everything for the parade of different musical acts that come through Arsenio (and we had three yesterday).

I tried everything--I looked at the Automation window of several plugs to see if suddenly all the parameters had moved to the left window. I double-checked the Preference for Plug-In Controls Default To Auto-Enabled. Still no joy. I began to get a little tense.

Turns out that at some point I had accidentally bumped the Plug-In switch in the Auto Enable box on the D-Control, and it had toggled Off. I sheepishly switched it back on, played back all of the final camera run-throughs and re-tweaked just like normal.

Doh!

What a maroon, as Bugs would say.

Peter
Gypsy: PT Ultimate 2019.5, 12-core Mac Pro 3.46Ghz 64GB OS 10.14.5, HD Native, HD OMNI, 2 Artist Mix, EUCON 18.3, Presonus 32R, Studio One 4.5.1, Quad Eight preamps, Neve 3201 EQs, 2 LA-4s, Malone Design Works desk

Laptop: 10.13.6 MacBook Pro 2.8 Core i7, 16G, PT 19.5 Live 9

www.remotewest.com
@RemoteWest
Old 12-20-2013, 01:50 PM

Hi Peter

Good for you I am sorry I didn't jump in as the title said D-Command and we have a D-Control 32 ES and could have helped but now it said D-Control in your post, I didn't see your sig, however now you got things up and running again, that is great! Thanks for posting as it will be good for others to know what happened should it happen to us or someone else

Happy Hollidays
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-22-2014, 03:34 PM

I have done everything I could and still get this issue every few minutes.
I have deleted prefs / reinstalled firmware on the D-Command and re-installed Protools from scratch. I have also started with fresh sessions - no old templates.

I wish I can get this sorted - I would be happily mixing and the next moment one or more faders will jump t zero - and offcourse it would be the tracks with the loudest content
The fader remains in LATCH but every now and then it will glide to the previous level when i take my finger off it - as though it is in touch mode. It does not happen all the time, but often enough to piss clients off (and me!)and it happens with all the faders on the ES24.

Maybe I should get an S6 - but I will be even more p&*sed off if it happens on that too!
Old 09-22-2014, 05:46 PM

I had loads of automation bugs doing my last movie with PT11. The big advantage of PT11 is the 64 bit that break the memory limit but PT11 is really buggy. Not as much when working on small project sessions but more on larger projects. I still think PT is the best daw to do audio post work but I'm kind of tired to be a beta tester.
http://immersivesoundvr.com/
Old 09-23-2014, 10:41 AM

Just to give a little more details. I use PT11.2.1 with the system 5 MC and the latest Eucon update. I too experienced the "touch a fader ,the level goes up 7 to 10 dB, release it, and it's back to normal. I work mostly in latch / touch mode (after using latch for the first pass). The most annoying bug for me was the send buss not working once in a while and really often I would touch the send encoder and hold it but the encoder would go back to the previous automation setting like it didn't know I was still holding it (and I was not in trim mode).

Sometime I would have to use the computer monitor as an alternative, and sometime I wasn't able to do it from both the system 5 MC and PT11.

Loads of fun!
http://immersivesoundvr.com/
Old 09-25-2014, 01:03 PM

when I see system 5 MC all I can think of is MC5!!!

www.sugarhillstudios713.com