Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-01-2002, 03:07 AM

Default Apple Logic anyone ? THIS IS BIG

Apple buys Emagic

I can't believe it, Logic is going to be an apple product.

I've always been put off Logic myself because of the environment setups and general complexity of it compared with micrologic or protools. now apple have got control of it I can see it becoming a lot easier to setup and stuff because apple tend to like to make things easy for people to learn and use.

I just think Steinberg and MOTU are probably quaking in their boots at the prospect of having such huge competition so close to apple now.
Old 07-01-2002, 03:22 AM

Default Re: Apple Logic anyone ? THIS IS BIG

Is this the first step towards iAudioproduction....?

Wonder how the PC guys like this. They will be cut out of the fun.

All in all, this must be a very good move. In the end, it will give us a better application. I might switch to Logic myself...

Stein Tore
Old 07-01-2002, 03:51 AM

personaly speaking there's only 2 thing keeping me from using logic along side protools apart from a slightly old mac that wouldn't handle it well.

It's hard to learn the environment setups, I can see apple making somekind of simple setup screen for people who arn't that advanced to solve that.

It's expensive for something I might not be able to use straight away, unlike micrologic which I still use for midi alongside protools ocassionally.

I think we might see something like iMovie and FCP happening with Logic, Silver free for everyone to use, platinum as the high end paid for version.
Old 07-01-2002, 04:08 AM

This is kind of scary considering that apple's desire to support "legacy" products is nill. I think we would be right in saying that despite being all cuddly and friendly on the out side, on the inside they are jack boot wearing Fascists. Just like Microsoft. Although it will not affect us as directly as the Emagic users (espically those that are on windows!!) what happens if they decide that macs will only accept Emagic products?
Like windows did with internet explorer. It's not exactly likely but it is possible.
My .02

Damian
Old 07-01-2002, 04:34 AM

IM so glad finaly
Member posted 07-01-2002 05:14 AM *** ** ** ** ** * * ** **
-OSX aka UNIX oS is the future!!!
PC users wil want this anyway, regardless of the gloryfied word processor, OSX is what PC users want for a OS (unix) and its great...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...DTL&type=print able
BLAIM IBM for all the CIA CORRUPTION and SPYING on other countries all these years, lets not forget the apple bashing, PROPAGANDA and megalomania Bill Gates who went from a peace maker to a greedy nationalist....
Old 07-01-2002, 04:36 AM

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...DTL&type=print able
Old 07-01-2002, 04:37 AM

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...13268.DTL&type

SORRY HEAR IT IS AGAIN...
Old 07-01-2002, 05:28 AM

Remember "Gibson buys Opcode"....?

Not that I think that'll happen with Logic. Being a former Studio Vision Pro user, I sympathize with Windows users on this one...

Stein Tore
Old 07-01-2002, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by John H:
I just think Steinberg and MOTU are probably quaking in their boots at the prospect of having such huge competition so close to apple now.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i doubt it (at least steinbug). they're licking their chops at all the turned out PC users. as poor as steinbug's products are, they're getting better and they have a huge userbase which could reach a critical mass for DAWs the way PT did so long ago. could you imagine in 5 years talking about the "bad old days" of digi? hope not...
Old 07-01-2002, 05:58 AM

Wow. I guess Apple got tired of waiting for Digi and MOTU to release OS X ports, and they finally fired the first shot.

Good for Apple. Good for us. Bad for Windows users.