Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2013, 06:50 AM

Default No sound after bounce

I am running Pro Tools 10 on Windows 7 and after I bounce to disk there is no sound and Windows Media Player says it can not play the file. I have checked the settings for output in Pro Tools and have selected exactly the same as what it says the output is for the bounce output. It plays fine while it is bouncing, but after it finishes and I open the file it says windows can not play it and when I try to put it in a Windows Movie Maker video there is no sound at all. I have tried WAV and MP3 format and still the same problem.
I had taken some old cassette tapes and recorded them onto Audacity, then uploaded the audio files into Pro Tools. There were several songs on each file and I took several songs from each one and combined them into one audio mix. They are appearing in Pro Tools still as separate parts instead of one continuous one. Maybe this has something to do with it. If so, how would I get the different audio clips to combine into one?
Old 01-13-2013, 08:02 AM

Default No sound after bounce

I am running Pro Tools 10 on Windows 7 and after I bounce to disk there is no sound and Windows Media Player says it can not play the file. I have checked the settings for output in Pro Tools and have selected exactly the same as what it says the output is for the bounce output. It plays fine while it is bouncing, but after it finishes and I open the file it says windows can not play it and when I try to put it in a Windows Movie Maker video there is no sound at all. I have tried WAV and MP3 format and still the same problem.
I had taken some old cassette tapes and recorded them onto Audacity, then uploaded the audio files into Pro Tools. There were several songs on each file and I took several songs from each one and combined them into one audio mix. They are appearing in Pro Tools still as separate parts instead of one continuous one. Maybe this has something to do with it. If so, how would I get the different audio clips to combine into one?
Old 01-13-2013, 08:19 AM

Default Re: No sound after bounce

Double-check the bounce source(IIRC, its on the first window that comes up). I bet its NOT choosing your main outs. Don't know why this happens, but it does every so often.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-13-2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca0630 View Post
.......They are appearing in Pro Tools still as separate parts instead of one continuous one. Maybe this has something to do with it. If so, how would I get the different audio clips to combine into one?
Not an issue. Just pay attention to the total length and make sure your bounce time includes all of it. BTW, if you highlight a clip(1 of the songs) and hit Ctrl-A, that will highlight all of them. Rolling your Bounce to Disk in this fashion will(SHOULD) bounce the exact total timeline. Alternately, you can process the songs in place with AudioSuite plugins, matching any insert processing, then simply export the files(much faster than a real-time bounce).

Old 01-13-2013, 08:29 AM

BTW, if no one has replied to your duplicate of this post, please go to it, select EDIT and look for the DELETE button(only you can do this).

Old 01-13-2013, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca0630 View Post
Did you re-import the bounce back into PT ?
Did you bounce with 24bit/48kHz ?

To make the separate "parts" (regions) to one region:
mark the first region , shift-click the last and "consolidate" ( alt+shift+3)
Old 01-13-2013, 11:47 AM

It's a good idea, if you're bouncing to .wav files, to make them 44.1khz/16 bit since that's the CD Red Book standard. WMP doesn't like 24-bit files one bit. (Pun intended...)
Old 01-13-2013, 12:48 PM

Make sure your outputs are correct in the 'bounce' setup window & DON'T use WMP. Use iTunes. It'll play whatever u bounce...

I bounce (export) all my files @ 32/48 which is what I always track @...

{Hey SW}

Sent from Da GS3 On'eim...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 01-13-2013, 04:23 PM

I bounced it with the output set to the exact output that is being used for the sound and I used 44.1 khz/ 16 bit and mp3 and it still didn't have sound when it was finished bouncing and windows media said it couldn't play it. I have bounced it using every single output setting there is and still the same problem every time.

I got the separate parts combined into one. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:11 AM
zolko

1. How the bounced files look like?
2. Do they exist and contain any data?
3. Have you tried to import them back to PT?
4. Have you tried to open them with another program? http://www.videolan.org/vlc/