Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2010, 11:39 PM

Unhappy New here. please help Pro Tools LE 8 problem

So i have Pro Tools 8 installed on my mac. using an original MBox with it. after install it works fine and everything is running well but when i shut down my computer or put it to sleep or anything like that and then turn it back on and try to open pro tools it quits while its on the launch screen and gives me the option to relaunch, ignore, or send report to apple and ive tried all three but nothing works. The only thing i can do is re-install and then open it again. I've updated to 8.0.1 and the same thing happens with that version and i have no idea what to do. Any help would be muchhhhh appreciated.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:52 PM

Default Re: New here. please help Pro Tools LE 8 problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlDelain View Post
So i have Pro Tools 8 installed on my mac. using an original MBox with it. after install it works fine and everything is running well but when i shut down my computer or put it to sleep or anything like that and then turn it back on and try to open pro tools it quits while its on the launch screen and gives me the option to relaunch, ignore, or send report to apple and ive tried all three but nothing works. The only thing i can do is re-install and then open it again. I've updated to 8.0.1 and the same thing happens with that version and i have no idea what to do. Any help would be muchhhhh appreciated.
You need to disable sleep, standby and hibernate while the MBox is plugged in.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 11-26-2010, 11:55 PM

So what if i unplug my MBox and i put my mac to sleep and then plug it back in after i turn the mac back on?
Old 11-27-2010, 01:12 AM

so i reinstalled everything and i can unplug the mbox and put my mac to sleep or turn it off and turn it on and plug the mbox in and boot up pro tools fine but isnt there a more convenient way to do this or something ? so if i accident forget to unplug my mbox before i power down so i dont have to reinstall and install the 8.0.1 update everytime it happens ?
Old 11-27-2010, 07:48 AM

My first suspect would be Digi coreaudio manager. If it's installed. It allows system audio and other applications to use the mbox.

I would try this:
1. Uninstall PT with the uninstaller on the PT disk. Select the complete uninstall.
2. Install PT. Custom install, no Coreaudio Manager.
3. Make shure no 3rd party plugins are installed when you are testing.

Of course, this way you will have to route system audio and other audio thru the macs audio output or speakers. I have my audio line out connected to the mbox's inputs and by selecting line ins and turning the mix knob on the mbox I get all mac audio and PT on the same system.

There is a small free app called PleaseSleep, it allows you to set your mac to not sleep while certain apps are running. I dont think mac sleep is a problem as long as PT is not running.