Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2012, 08:41 PM

Default Whats up with the waves 80% PI sale

Is it b-cause they are going to hit us up wit another WUP soon including AAX and make us pay outta our asses again or is it just a Black Friday sale and Waves loves us customers .. Haahahaha ... Or NOT!?
Any PI's worth buying you think or should we wait a while until they start with AAX Native?!

Thanx for any thoughts here friends
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-23-2012, 08:58 PM

Default Re: Whats up with the waves 80% PI sale

I these PIs are the ones you would purchase at regular retail, then by all means do it. If not, then ask yourself if you really need them. Especially with AAX being such a gamble with this company. They still have not offered a timeframe, and it's been almost a year since they announced AAX Native would be ported.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 11-24-2012, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
They still have not offered a timeframe, and it's been almost a year since they announced AAX Native would be ported
Every plugin company is in the same boat. Even those who have disclosed pretty timeframes are struggling with the delivery. Sonnox for example has only been able to release two AAX plugins so far. I admit that it is two more than Waves during the same timeframe, but it has taken them a year to release two plugins. At this rate, it will take Waves a lifetime to release their Mercury bundle as AAX so we will just have to wait and see.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Every plugin company is in the same boat. Even those who have disclosed pretty timeframes are struggling with the delivery. Sonnox for example has only been able to release two AAX plugins so far. I admit that it is two more than Waves during the same timeframe, but it has taken them a year to release two plugins. At this rate, it will take Waves a lifetime to release their Mercury bundle as AAX so we will just have to wait and see.
IMHO Waves could slim down (discontinue) many of their stupid bundles.
I don't use waves since I sold my Diamond TDM 6 years ago and never looked back.
They do have some great products, and not me who is responsible to judge which of them are good sellers or which of them people most using.
But they definitely could reconsider their fat bundles with some 20+ years old plugins in 'em.
It will help to concentrate on AAX development for the plugins people daily using and achieve better sales results.

Sound Designer
/ mixer
www.goorevich.com

PT HD⎪N v2024.3 Ultimate ● macOS Ventura 13.6.3
MacPro 7.1 (2019) 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W 16-Core ● 96 GB RAM
MTRX Studio + DADman 5.7.0.1 + MOM ● Sync HD ● AJA Kona LHi referenced by AJA GEN10 ● D-Command ES24
Old 11-24-2012, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoorevich View Post
IMHO Waves could slim down (discontinue) many of their stupid bundles.
Yes they could.

Myself as a Mercyry+SCC(TDM) owner wouldn't be very pissed if most of the older plugs were not going to make it. Sure, some of the oldies are goldies, but mostly I'm using the newer plugs, such as SSL bundle, C6, API-comp and so on. Never really use Renaissance anymore, not many of the NPP/Gold plugs (C1 and L2 are still great though, would hate to see those go) and I could wait for some time to get those noise reduction plugs ported.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:05 AM

I about fell over when I saw the sale. I'll just say I sold my platinum bundle just in time.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:23 PM

There are so many great Plug-in alternatives to Waves now. There is not a single Waves plug-in that there is not an available form an alternate company.
We are done with Waves - don't care if they never go AAX.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
There are so many great Plug-in alternatives to Waves now. There is not a single Waves plug-in that there is not an available form an alternate company.
We are done with Waves - don't care if they never go AAX.
It seems that with each passing day, more and more users are feeling this way. Kinda' sad really.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 11-24-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
It seems that with each passing day, more and more users are feeling this way. Kinda' sad really.
It does, but I don't think it's sad. It's their own doing. Had they announced full AAX support I wouldn't have even considered selling my bundle. But I know someday I may consider moving up to HDx. If I do I want to do that I would want to be able to take advantage of using them on the HDx card. I know, and have even pointed out, that you will be able to use them natively. But it seems ridiculous to not port TDM plugs to AAX DSP. I thought that was the reason for the WUP. However they made me realize that they are not doing what "I think" is the "right" thing. There will be people on both sides of the fence. I just decided to quit supporting them. And yes I have found replacements that in my opinion are as good, or even better, for my needs. And honestly they are fairly modest. So to each their own. But I'm waves free and happy about it.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Is it b-cause they are going to hit us up wit another WUP soon including AAX and make us pay outta our asses again
I would say this ^^. I've been on older native WUP versions of SSL and Musicians 2 bundles, and MetaFlanger for a long time. If they got ported over then I'll glady update to the latest WUP when I buy PT 64 bit. I really like Waves and hope they are not at the end of the road like others believe.