Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 10:03 AM

Default digimax LT wont sync to 002r

I'm recording a small live performance tomorrow. I found our local rental place has a digimax. I was pleased because I wanted more than 4 mics. Well I can not get the digimax to via the ADAT. Every time I select clock source to ADAT in my session prefs, it thinks about it for 3 or so seconds and then tells me that the clock source is invalid, and it returns to internal. I scoured the net breifly and it seems that this has never happened before. I've figured out that I can use the converters and the direct outs so at least I can put the guns back in the cabinet. But I'm still curious if the likely culprit here is the worn but reliable looking rental box ( or the fiber cable) or if it's my virginal light pipe receptical ( first time i've tried this since i've had it these past couple of years.

I'm running the ptle 6.4cs9

gigs.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:31 AM

Default Re: digimax LT wont sync to 002r

Probably just a bad cable. Does the Digimax not work at all, or it works but you can't use it as master clock? If you haven't already, make sure the sample rate is the same as the 002 and the 'ext clock' button is not pushed in.

edit: btw- the way the adat cable plugs in can be a little tricky. You have to push on it hard enough to make it click in place.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:40 AM

I can not get mic signals across the digital path at all. I've tried all combinations of clock source sample rates and bit depth. (did a couple at 16 bit before reading that these are 24 bit converters) no combination of settings have resulted in audio coming across to the ADAT input on a chanel. I can get wordclock pops if i disable the ext clock on the digimax. but no audio.
Like i said, I know the converters are working because i was able to patch from the inserts to the 002r chan 5-8 and that works just fine. Just no sucess with the digital path.

gigs.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:17 PM

Like to share something with you.When I first bought the Digimax LT- I had the same problem as you.Tried everything- wrote for help on the Presonus website and also here from our fellow Digidesigners.No dice.Three months later- I decided to open up the top panel of the machine (7 screws on the ventilation side) and guess what? The wire going to the optical component was pulled out.I asked a lot of proffesionals why people might want to do that- and they said if you have cables on the inserts the optical won't work.The LT that I bought was probably already being used by the dealer and sold it to me brand new.They were probably the one's who took out that damn connection.And ...as your story goes you rented it- so my guess is open that panel and have a look.Everything else- okay- like 1)set sample rate 2)set PT hardware to optical and at that sample rate 3)no Ext clock on LT 4)No insert cables when using optical.Hope that helps.
P.S. You will see something labelled optical while you're inside there on the top right hand corner.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:36 PM

Set the digimax to nothing higher as 48 Khz. digi002/protools doesnt accept 88 or 96 khz.

Bastiaan