Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2011, 01:02 PM

Default Waveforms clipping but levels not

Just got my brand new 003 rack+ and have started laying down acoustic tracks plugged into the DI and running through the onboard preamps. I am recording at low levels (well below the yellow around -15db) and the sound is not clipping at all, crystal clear no noise. But the waveforms are off the charts indicating clipping. This is making it very difficult to edit the tracks because i have no visual reference. I can't seem to figure this one out its mind boggling.

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions on how to fix this, maybe i am unaware of some sort of calibration that needs to happen before recording, i would very much appreciate it

Thanks
Old 11-09-2011, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Waveforms clipping but levels not

Try adjusting the waveform height - located in the upper left hand corner.

These are the buttons that let you either "stretch" the waveform or change the height.

Sparky
Old 11-09-2011, 04:28 PM

AHHHHH got it thanks Sparky...i even knew that control drag with the zoomer tool did that I was just thinking into it way to much.

Thanks
Old 11-09-2011, 06:31 PM

a quick double click on the Magnifying Glass Tools will reset hight and zoom out to show the top of the session to the last clip or automation breakpoint on the Timeline

very useful

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig