Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 04-12-2021, 05:47 AM

Default Problem Track 1 bleeding into track 2

Firstly, thank you to anyone that can help and I have wasted so much time online trying to find a fix to this and can't find a topic wording for a solution.

I have Windows 10 pro 64bit and using a M Audio 8 mic USB interface with SM58.

I am trying to record live sax over an imported MP3 track (41K) I/O Track 1 No input and Output to Stereo channel 1 on the interface

Track 2 is my live recording channel. Input Mono 6 on the interface and Output to Channel 1

When playing Track 1 MP3 I am: Seeing a signal in the Mic channel 6 which is also appearing when recording sax in Track 2.

I switch and unplug the mic and when recording again on track 2 the MP3 track 1 signal is being recorded in Track 2

I can hear a distorted version of track 1 MP3 on the interface when switching the headphones to 3/4 on the interface which must be the waveform appearing in Track 2.

I have tried almost all I/O settings and have allocated the same audio settings in the Laptop which all seems to work yet a signal is still appearing in the interface track 6 for recording and in Pro tools track 2 like it's being used as a monitor having moved from Input 1 then moving to 6 to see if that made a difference in case it's looping back?

I feel so dumb!! and can't express the frustration in words.
Old 04-12-2021, 10:08 AM

Default Re: Problem Track 1 bleeding into track 2

Can you try another interface?
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 04-12-2021, 11:33 AM

Simplify.

Create a new empty session.
Check that playback engine settings is your interface.
I/O settings, go thru all the tabs, in, out, bus, and select all, delete, and click "default" on all tabs.

Drag your mp3 file onto PT window and it should turn into a track with output set to your interface. Check that it plays.

Create a new mono audio track, set its input to whatever channel you have your mic plugged into, and rec enable it.

Don't even bother with a master track. it's not necessary.
Old 04-12-2021, 03:40 PM

Thanks for replying and hello to you in Toronto.......my mum is from Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. I'll have a look at work tomorrow to see if I can dig one out. All the best, Dave
Old 04-12-2021, 03:43 PM

Thanks Ben, yes indeed i'll try that and retrace my steps. I have tried much of that but as you say, I will try by deleting the unused channels to see if that stops the unnecessary signal. Thanks for your time. Dave