Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 10-20-2012, 03:30 PM

Exclamation Constant CPU Overload and DAE 35 Error

Hello All,

Two weeks ago the most catastrophic event occurred. I tripped over my mic cord and almost knocked my mbox and MacBook to the hard linoleum floor in my apartment. This really doesn't sound like much. The worst thing that happened was the USB cable ripped out of the laptop and my Mbox Mini was dangling by it's audio cables over my desk. I thought that everything would be fine and that I would just need to go back to one of the backup audio files since I hadn't saved what I had been working on. I WAS DEAD WRONG. Now after two years of fun with Pro Tools, I am encountering problem after problem. The errors specifically revolve around the track that I had been working on when I ripped the cord out, but some of my other sessions are effected as well. The song will play/record up to about 2:28, then every time without fail, I get a CPU overload message. I have 4 GBs of RAM and have tweaked with the playback settings trying to fix this to no avail. After that, if I try to start playing the track again in the edit window, it just tells me that there is a DAE 35 error and will do nothing. I have also had to relink many of the audio files, but this hasn't fixed the problem. I began to think that I had just corrupted this entire file, so I started over with the base PT file from a CD that my co-writer gave me. This session also has the errors and now I am at an entire loss. Please help me. I will list all of my system info below. I just want to finish recording this song because I love it.

MacBook OSX 10.6.8 (snow leopard is oldschool, I know)
Pro Tools LE 8.0.5 (whatever it is with that update)
Mbox Mini
RAM: 4GB
Processor: 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5
Old 10-20-2012, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Constant CPU Overload and DAE 35 Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlissaAudio View Post
Hello All,

Two weeks ago the most catastrophic event occurred. I tripped over my mic cord and almost knocked my mbox and MacBook to the hard linoleum floor in my apartment. This really doesn't sound like much. The worst thing that happened was the USB cable ripped out of the laptop and my Mbox Mini was dangling by it's audio cables over my desk. I thought that everything would be fine and that I would just need to go back to one of the backup audio files since I hadn't saved what I had been working on. I WAS DEAD WRONG. Now after two years of fun with Pro Tools, I am encountering problem after problem. The errors specifically revolve around the track that I had been working on when I ripped the cord out, but some of my other sessions are effected as well. The song will play/record up to about 2:28, then every time without fail, I get a CPU overload message. I have 4 GBs of RAM and have tweaked with the playback settings trying to fix this to no avail. After that, if I try to start playing the track again in the edit window, it just tells me that there is a DAE 35 error and will do nothing. I have also had to relink many of the audio files, but this hasn't fixed the problem. I began to think that I had just corrupted this entire file, so I started over with the base PT file from a CD that my co-writer gave me. This session also has the errors and now I am at an entire loss. Please help me. I will list all of my system info below. I just want to finish recording this song because I love it.

MacBook OSX 10.6.8 (snow leopard is oldschool, I know)
Pro Tools LE 8.0.5 (whatever it is with that update)
Mbox Mini
RAM: 4GB
Processor: 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5
If its the session that is damaged I would try the standard trick of create a new session and use File>Import Session Data to move over content from the old session.

Do other sessions work OK, does a totally new session work OK?

Also do a verify disk permission and a verify filesystems scan.

if that does not work run down the whole list of standard troubleshooting steps including trashing pref files etc. See the "Help us help you..." link above.

Even if it does not seem like it is a problem I would also consider trying to exclude any hardware problem, especially try a different USB cable and a different USB port on the computer.

What happens if you select built-in output as the playback engine?

Darryl