Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)

Old 06-29-2021, 09:46 AM

Default Mbox Pro 3 not receiving signal from Windows 10, after 1-2 seconds connected.

Hi, I am owning Mbox Pro 3, and I am having problem receiving sound from my PC, Windows 10.

I've installed 1.1.10 mbox pro driver from avid website. When I turn on my Mbox Pro 3, mbox pro control pannel receives signal and projects sound about one to two seconds, and sometimes about 30 seconds long too. But thats it, and it goes off. Not receiving any signal after that! Sometimes after five minute it just randomly start receiving signal and project sound about 1-2 seconds again and goes off...

Does anyone knows how to solve this problem? Its really weird that it catches sound at first and receiving it in control pannel (and project sound at speaker too) well for few seconds, but goes off and not receiving any afterwards...

Please help me!
Old 06-29-2021, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Mbox Pro 3 not receiving signal from Windows 10, after 1-2 seconds connected.

Welcome to the community

Try a new cable from Mbox 3 Pro to your computer –
I have Firewire cable > SIIG FireWire 2-Port ExpressCard > laptop

I hope it’s just a bad cable – and not the Mbox 3 Pro!

In Control Panel > Sounds > Playback tab
set your Onboard Sound as Default (hit OK)

In Control Panel > Sounds > Recording tab
set your Mbox Pro 3 as Default (hit OK)

Restart computer

Always turn Mbox Pro 3 and computer off before connecting or disconnecting Firewire cable
Turn Mbox Pro 3 on - then turn computer on

Last edited by unkJE; 06-29-2021 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Startup order
Old 10-13-2023, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Mbox Pro 3 not receiving signal from Windows 10, after 1-2 seconds connected.

Me too. I'm on my second Mbox 3 Pro this month and still getting no software signal back. I think it's somthing to do with Windows 10 and how it's built today vs how it was built in 2014. Avid hasn't released an update for Windows in years so it's safe to assume it's a lost cause. Would of just got a new interface like a Scarlett but I already spent $100 bucks on a Thunderbolt 2 to Firewire converter and a Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 converter from Apple and I'm just justifying the purchase. Plus out of ALL of my DAWs, Pro Tools is the only one that doesn't play nice with my Liquid Saffire 56, or other 3rd party interfaces on Windows. So it might be time for me and Avid to part ways.
Old 03-11-2024, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apologetics View Post
Hi, I am owning Mbox Pro 3, and I am having problem receiving sound from my PC, Windows 10.

I've installed 1.1.10 mbox pro driver from avid website. When I turn on my Mbox Pro 3, mbox pro control pannel receives signal and projects sound about one to two seconds, and sometimes about 30 seconds long too. But thats it, and it goes off. Not receiving any signal after that! Sometimes after five minute it just randomly start receiving signal and project sound about 1-2 seconds again and goes off...

Does anyone knows how to solve this problem? Its really weird that it catches sound at first and receiving it in control pannel (and project sound at speaker too) well for few seconds, but goes off and not receiving any afterwards...

Please help me!
I would try and reinstall everything again. It worked for me on Win 10.
Old 03-11-2024, 11:55 AM

+1 for trying a new cable(I had one fail for no reason at all) and maybe check the power supply to make sure its plugged in all the way and doesn't have any breaks in the wire. You might also try the other firewire drivers that are available in Windows. Avid recommends the Legacy driver, but that never worked correctly for me(with 002/003). Since I had a FW card with a TI chipset, the TI Compliant driver worked for the 002/003. I currently have an Mbox 2 Pro working on Windows 11 with a VIA firewire chipset. These used to not work, but it works fine here(I know its all different, but it may give you some hope)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 03-12-2024, 01:33 AM

These work best with my laptop:

Avid Mbox Pro Driver Version 1.1.10
https://avidtech.my.salesforce-sites...ox-Pro-Drivers

SIIG FireWire 2-Port ExpressCard - 2 FireWire 400 (6-pin) ports for multiple device connections
https://www.siig.com/firewire-2-port...scard-949.html