Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2016, 08:00 AM

Default Instrument Plugin opens every time I touch fader

Since purchasing my Avid Artist Control and Avid Artist Mix, I have had few problems but there are a couple of annoying ‘features’ which I would appreciate a little help with, if possible.

I understand this may be due to my inexperience but I can’t find anything in any forums that are helpful. Please have a look at my questions and, if you can help, I would appreciate it. If not, please let me know the best process to obtaining the answers.

I am using Logic Pro X and all software and firmware is up to date.

1. Every time I touch a fader on the Control or Mix, the Instrument plugin for that channel opens automatically. This is the most annoying feature and I can’t find any option to stop it.
2. The Soft keys for ‘Create new Track’ (there are 4 of them on the second row) do nothing! All other soft keys I have tried work fine but these stubbornly refuse to work.
3. If this is something to do with Eucon software, how do I completely reinstall it on my Mac. This may not be ultimately necessary but I am getting that desperate! ;-)

That’s all that I’ve found. The desks are great product and I do enjoy using them (even as an extreme amateur) but I don’t feel able to progress much further until these simple issues are resolved as I find it very laborious to keep having to use the trackpad and keyboard alongside the desk controls.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:32 AM

Default Re: Instrument Plugin opens every time I touch fader

Hi Peter,
I'm not sure I can help you since it was years since I used My Artist mix's and Control with Logic, but I do experience the same thing (your point #1) in Pro Tools in certain circumstances.

When I open a plugin, EQ or virtual instrument doesn't matter, from the Artist controllers, and then close it by clicking on the plugin window, or by using a keybort shortcut, then when I select another track the plugin on the the corresponding instert slot will open. That is because the artist still "thinks" that the plugin in that instert slot is still open. If I open a plugin from the controller, I have to close it by exiting on the controller too.

Maybe that isn't what is happening to you, but that is the only time Pro Tools behaves in the same way for me.

Cheers,
Thomas