Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-30-2010, 06:57 AM

Default Cannot switch input language/keyboard layout when I start PT as admin

Hi. I live in Switzerland and regularly switch language and keyboard layout (for the shortcuts) between French and US English. I've had no problem doing this when logging on under my user name, but when I log on as Administrator (by right-clicking the PTLE exe), I cannot get the language bar to change the keyboard into English. I have searched the web and here and have come up with nothing, hence the post. I know this situation is not an issue with almost all of you, but maybe someone can point me in the right direction. If you tell me that there is no difference in performance between starting PT as normal user with the "protect my computer.." unchecked and as Administrator, I can live with that, too, but I haven't been able to ascertain that here. Thanks.

Well, I find that I can use the English keyboard if I log on the computer to Administrator, but that is inconvenient.
CORSAIR XMS3 12GB 1600Mhz
2 X WD 1TB Caviar Black 64 GB cache

MOTU Traveller PT2018
MacBook Pro Mojave
16GB DDR3

Last edited by Kirby B.; 01-31-2010 at 09:48 AM. Reason: updated
Old 02-02-2010, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Cannot switch input language/keyboard layout when I start PT as admin

I found that if I start PT as a "Run as.." for any other log on other than the one I am using, the keyboard won't change to English. For example, I can log on the computer as Admin and it will switch to English fine if I run PT as Admin. I don't know why that is, but I can work around that. I created a new log on identity (recommended by Digi in the troubleshooting guide) and all is well like that.