Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 12-28-2018, 09:57 PM

Default Prevent loss of focus

Is there a way to set the Artist Mix to prevent it from losing focus when you swap out of the main Protools window and have to work in a separate Window or application?

The PT Control app does this also. I would like to prevent this from happening so the faders and PT Control app stay focused on Protools if I have to work on something out side of Protools while Protools is still running.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 12-28-2018, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Prevent loss of focus

In Eucontrol on your computer, go to the assign page. You'll see Lock to Application at the bottom. Select your program (bring the application to focus on your computer) you want to lock Eucon/Eucontrol to and it should show up next to "Application:" at the top of that Eucontrol tab. Then check the checkbox next to "Lock Application: Entire Surface" and that application name will be listed beside it.

Then all Eucon will be locked to that application even if you go to other applications on the computer. This will be remembered through restarts/closing opening the "locked to" application so if you need it to start moving to other apps, unlock it when you need to.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
In Eucontrol on your computer, go to the assign page. You'll see Lock to Application at the bottom. Select your program (bring the application to focus on your computer) you want to lock Eucon/Eucontrol to and it should show up next to "Application:" at the top of that Eucontrol tab. Then check the checkbox next to "Lock Application: Entire Surface" and that application name will be listed beside it.

Then all Eucon will be locked to that application even if you go to other applications on the computer. This will be remembered through restarts/closing opening the "locked to" application so if you need it to start moving to other apps, unlock it when you need to.
Thanks, I knew it had to be something simple.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 09-14-2021, 02:22 PM

This is awesome and so simple! I was in the same position as JC and glad I found this. Peter