Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 12-07-2021, 09:03 AM
Avid

Default Re: Waves mapping

If it's there on first selection, then it's probably not the map. Please confirm how to break it and I can ask someone to look at it.
Old 12-07-2021, 09:04 AM

Whoops, Eddie replied before I finished copying from the manual but before I hit submit
Old 12-07-2021, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
All the artist and current series have SEL keys at the top of their faders (and on the Dock, next to the top 8 knobs.) That's what Waves is referring to. When you spill plugin parameters across the top of the fader strips, you use those.

It appears from the Avid Artist Control manual, you hold the shift key and touch the knob image to do the same for the Touchscreen area.

Bolded in Red what points this out since this has been the mapping for Q (and the SEL button) for a long time. This is the shift key on the Artist Control.
Yep, Eddie cleared that up for us above. But since the rest of the PI parameters usually map so easily, and I don’t usually switch between pre/post fader auxes, I never dug into the shift select thing. Too much effort solving sticky rotations that were fixed between manual cleaning and Eddie’s team’s work on the taper to care about reading the f’ing manual, I guess. Thanks for the help though!
Old 12-07-2021, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
If it's there on first selection, then it's probably not the map. Please confirm how to break it and I can ask someone to look at it.
Yeah, figured.

I will fart around with it today and see if I can get it to consistently hiccup, let you know the steps.

Otherwise, “pan” style rings are going to definitely be the mapping thing, right? In other words, this wouldn’t be a thing where the device doesn’t see a mapping assignment and somehow reverts to a default that doesn’t match? In which case I will open a case with Waves.
Old 12-07-2021, 04:18 PM

Took two secs to cause the "disappearing circle".

-call Waves SSL G-Channel from surface
-page to last screen on control surface - Gain, INPL, blank, Analog, DynaminC, CompRele, CompRati, CompThre clockwise from bottom left for the 8 knobs
-at this point, Threshold (bottom ight) is as normal (except for the "pan setting" thing)
-touch encoder - ring indicator goes away, name of control goes away, but the "E" in the interior is still positioned properly as an indicator and the dB readout at the bottom is still there; encoder still controls plugin as it's supposed to, and the interior "E" moves as it's supposed to
-touch another encoder (both sides of the 4x2), interior "E" drops to "zero" (bottom left orientation), dB readout disappears, no matter if you start from "ring" or "no ring"; touch the Threshold encoder, interior "E" pops back to correct position, dB readout reappears, but still no ring
-page off and return and the display returns. In fact, for half a second before the screen leaves the page, the proper display appears in full before flipping to the other page

Hope that's helpful.
Old 12-09-2021, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale View Post
Took two secs to cause the "disappearing circle".

-call Waves SSL G-Channel from surface
-page to last screen on control surface - Gain, INPL, blank, Analog, DynaminC, CompRele, CompRati, CompThre clockwise from bottom left for the 8 knobs
-at this point, Threshold (bottom ight) is as normal (except for the "pan setting" thing)
-touch encoder - ring indicator goes away, name of control goes away, but the "E" in the interior is still positioned properly as an indicator and the dB readout at the bottom is still there; encoder still controls plugin as it's supposed to, and the interior "E" moves as it's supposed to
-touch another encoder (both sides of the 4x2), interior "E" drops to "zero" (bottom left orientation), dB readout disappears, no matter if you start from "ring" or "no ring"; touch the Threshold encoder, interior "E" pops back to correct position, dB readout reappears, but still no ring
-page off and return and the display returns. In fact, for half a second before the screen leaves the page, the proper display appears in full before flipping to the other page

Hope that's helpful.
Also happens with "not Waves" plugins, FWIW.
Old 01-04-2022, 06:11 PM

3 or 4 replies from Waves from an inquiry at this same time, some having to do with this (seemingly EUCON) issue, some having to do with other mapping issues (perhaps on their side, TBD). The last one from them asked for patience while they work on it as it will take some time.

Now, I realize that I contacted them via their support channel, maybe they have a protocol to follow for each case (like FedEx says each package gets at least 5 scans), and I fully realize that this is the DUC and not a technical support forum. But we know AVID checked in pretty quick to get some background on the situation, then… nothing.

And we got no new EUCON in December - correct me if I’m wrong but I though from other AVID posts that there is an imminent release. I was hoping that maybe it would be addressed in that release, but with no release, who knows?

So again acknowledging that this isn’t the place to ask for an update, knowing the excellent Eddie and his colleagues come on here to be helpful - any updates for this broken functionality that has cropped up at some point through the updates of recent years, something that USED to work properly?