Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Old 05-30-2023, 04:24 PM

Default S4 not recognizing new computer

Hi all,

Looking for a little help getting my S4 and new M1 Mac Studio to talk to each other after replacing a 9 year old Mac tower. The Mac is brand new, running Ventura, and I'm using WSControl 2021.10.1.29.

I see there is a new version of WSControl out, but it's not visible in My Product Info and it's not in the Avid Download Center. WSControl also has a triangle/exclamation point sign in the icon at the top of the screen. I suspect that updating WSC will help but I have no idea how to locate the new version for download.

As for the S4 itself, it is connected and configured the same way it's always been. I manually entered the same IP address that the S4 is accustomed to using. But under the Workstations tab on the master module, no computers appear under "network" and no workstations appear under "connected".

Thanks for hearing me out!
Old 05-31-2023, 04:52 AM
Avid

Default Re: S4 not recognizing new computer

Greetings,

Ventura support for EUCON began with v 2022.12:
https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...-Compatibility

Ensure that both WSControl on the workstation and the S4S6MasterModule Software have identical versions installed.

If your support has lapsed on your S4 you would need to connect with your reseller to get updated coverage so you can grab the latest S4 S6 software from your account.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 05-31-2023, 10:49 AM
Avid

Also, where did you manually enter the IP address? Are you using the S6 as the DHCP server(Surface settings)? If so, don't manually assign an address.

Did you do a migrate to the new MAC, you may need to rename the computer and restart it (Apple bug)
Old 06-01-2023, 02:26 PM

Thanks guys. I changed my computer's network setting to DHCP for that ethernet port. My Network Interface 1 is set to DHCP. #2 is set to aa specified IP address. My network page in system prefs has a green light on the ethernet that is connected to the board. WSControl has a new name for the new computer next to "ID". Is there anywhere else I should rename the computer? WSControl has nothing next to "warning" but it also doesn't say "connected".

The "Workstations" page has nothing available under "Network" and nothing listed under "Connected". I hope I'm not at the end of the road...

I have a call out to an Avid rep for a support contract but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks again for your help!
Old 06-01-2023, 03:39 PM
Avid

On the MTM network settings. Whatever port is connected to the S6 (should be 1) that should have the static IP set and DHCP server checked on. The other one (2) should be set to DHCP in the Drop down and the check box off. The lead from the S6 switch to the Mac should go direct and not through any other network switch/router.