Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 06-07-2019, 07:08 AM

Default "Catalina" & Macs Supported...

Looks like the old Cheese Graters don't make the cut.

https://www.computerworld.com/articl...-catalina.html

www.LightWingStudios.com

Musical Instrument Protection Accessories...Made In America.

Dell Precision T7910, Dual Processors (total 20 Cores), 128GB RAM, 4 @ 2TB SSDs, 1 @ 4TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB Dual Monitor Card, Dual LG 48" TVs used as Monitors, Arturia 88 Midi Controller, Black Lion USB Audio Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, Win 10 Pro, PT 2023.3 Studio, only the Plugins I NEED, WAY TOO MANY Guitars...and an AMAZING wife!

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove, AxeCap & PedalShield
Old 06-07-2019, 07:49 AM

Default Re: "Catalina" & Macs Supported...

That was my concern last year when I was considering buying a new video card for the CG Mac Pro to be able to move to Mohave. How long would the old machine be supported after the new MP's were announced? I now have the answer.

So the options were either staying with a 7 year old machine that is no longer upgradable, moving to a trash can/iMac/Mac Mini but still having to buy peripheral dongles for cards and drives, wait for the $6,000 (probably much more) NMP or move to a PC. I did the latter and feel is was the smarted business move. I was not going to be intimidated by Windows. A couple of hiccups along the way but all smooth now.