Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2011, 10:08 AM

Default Amy Winehouse found dead at 27

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml

I know she had her fans and was battling her demons. I had always hoped she would find recovery and rediscover herself.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 07-23-2011, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Amy Winehouse found dead at 27

another member of the infamous 27 club!!! how sad, i secretly really enjoyed the "frank" album.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 07-23-2011, 11:47 AM

Yeah, I can't say as I own any of her music but liked what I heard. I think she had a lot of talent and was really hoping that some type of rehab would stick. After watching a friend travel the same path to the same end it actually pains me to see talented people struggle. Hopefully she has found whatever peace evaded her here.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 07-23-2011, 04:25 PM

I'm with you on that SB. I just recently lost another good friend (and awesome engineer/musician) to his addictions. I don't read much into the "27 club" except an excuse to use someone's death for futher publicity. Plenty of talented musician have passed from addictions at all ages. I just shake my head and think of the loss to all their loved ones....

One of the toughest things about being one of "the old dog" musicians (as I've alluded to in another thread) is that I've seen way too many pass on by way of their vices.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:40 AM

It may be too early to tell what the cause of her death was, but there's a good chance her life style in one way or another contributed to her untimely demise.

I find it very hard to sympathize with self centered idiots who don't don't know the true meaning of pain & suffering, especially those privileged enough to have had the good fortune (talented or not) to really have a quality life. Yes she probably worked hard for that privilege but she was, as most of us in the developed world are, lucky to have the opportunity to be able to do so in the first place.

She had everything to live for and then some, but she chose to constantly sabotage her own success as a human being by selfishly ignoring those people closest to her that tried to help her kick her addictions.

That's the trouble with spoiled brats, they wallow in self pity & excess and are blind to the real suffering in this world. And now that she's gone all she's left her family with is more grief, and all she's left as her legacy is a brief flicker of light as a star.

Shame on her and all of the members of the infamous 27 club that destroyed themselves!

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 07-24-2011, 03:25 AM

Addiction is a combination of genetics and environment. I can only have empathy, so sad.
Stay safe everyone.
Mike.

Avid Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.3. Win7x64Sp1. i7-930 X58A-UD3R. Acronis backup. Black Viper optimized.
Google the DUC
Search Avid

Old 07-24-2011, 08:27 PM

It is sad she passed so young. I'm sure she could of had more potential without the problems she had, because she was talented. It is sad to see another statistic to drugs. It isn't worth the "Fun". RIP.

Pro Tools 12, Sibelius First 7/Presonus Studio 192/Windows 10 Pro
Old 07-24-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLip View Post
Addiction is a combination of genetics and environment.
And a willingness to cause self destruction!

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 07-24-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
It may be too early to tell what the cause of her death was, but there's a good chance her life style in one way or another contributed to her untimely demise.

I find it very hard to sympathize with self centered idiots who don't don't know the true meaning of pain & suffering, especially those privileged enough to have had the good fortune (talented or not) to really have a quality life. Yes she probably worked hard for that privilege but she was, as most of us in the developed world are, lucky to have the opportunity to be able to do so in the first place.

She had everything to live for and then some, but she chose to constantly sabotage her own success as a human being by selfishly ignoring those people closest to her that tried to help her kick her addictions.

That's the trouble with spoiled brats, they wallow in self pity & excess and are blind to the real suffering in this world. And now that she's gone all she's left her family with is more grief, and all she's left as her legacy is a brief flicker of light as a star.

Shame on her and all of the members of the infamous 27 club that destroyed themselves!
Its only you that know`s the true meaning of pain & suffering..isnt it? Oh compassionate one.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhed View Post

While, to an extent, i agree with you. She coulda had it good. It really ISNT hard to say no to hard core drugs. However on the other hand, i find it hard not to sympathize, as there could have been more to the story. She could had depression or another mental disorder that i, you or maybe the public doesnt know about. And for that i don't pass judgement on her.

My condolences, i haven't heard alot, but to get that famous as a song writer she must have been talented.

Nick
OCZ Agility 64 GB SSD
Hitachi 1TB 32 MB HDD
WD Caviar Black 500GB
Saphhire HD 5850
3 x 20" monitors

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Fender Super Champ XD
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 Silver Edition W/ Silver Jubilee Cabinet