How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2010, 04:16 PM

Default Fade display error

OK.. I've a conundrum...

I have a single mono track, (spoken word), that I am editing pops, click, and hum out of. I have Q1, Z-Noise, Audio Track, and Q4 installed (for my pleasure). My systems usage is: CPU RTAS - 4 to 11%, CPU Elastic - 0%, Disk - 0%. There is no tax on the system whatsoever...

However, I section a small P-pop out of the main audio file and apply a fade across it. Then I double click the fade to bring up the fade display window so that I can change it's profile from linear to graduated.. but PT throws me an error message that states: There is not enough memory to audition the fade or display summed waveform.

Has anyone else seen this error? I'm new to Mac but have been lurking the Mac threads for a few years now and don't recall ever coming across this one... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am using a 8 core Mac Pro, (3GHz), 16 GB RAM, separate WD Black Caviar OS, Project file, and Storage/Samples/Sounds drives.. OS X 10.6.5
All plugs current and all new install of, well, everything.

EDIT: Removing all of the plugs makes the RTAS CPU usage go to nothing but still will not allow me to modify fades. Using double-click or via the edit menu.
EDIT 2: It only does it in this session. I opened another session that has a gazillion things going on and it works fine.. Go figure...

Peace!
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 12-14-2010, 05:22 PM
velvettone

Default Re: Fade display error

Bummer, Have you tried creating a new session, and importing the track into the new session via the 'import session data' function?
Old 12-14-2010, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Fade display error

Actually it's pretty odd. It only did it on that one fade.. I went elsewhere in the track and the fade dialogues work as they should... I go back to that one slice and nada... Go figure.. I used another method to clear the offending P..

It's just a strange error message though.

Thanks and Peace!
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!