Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2010, 02:50 PM

Default DAE Error 743 Encountered

So here is my situation:

I installed the 8.0.4 LE update two days ago. I have the following system:

iMAC 27 8 Core 8GB Ram - Snow Leopard - Mbox2

I was running a session with no hang ups in 8.0.3 no problems. I guess I was fool hardy to go ahead and update...but I did, and after the update I tried running my same session and it tells me I need to either "adjust my buffer setting, remove some tracks, or remove some plugins & usb audio has stopped".

With this request in mind I first tried adjusting my buffer settings all over the place. didn't work. Then I tried making audio tracks inactive thinking it might be an external hard drive data access issue...no dice...then I went in and made inactive any additional plugins...no dice...Eventually I had only one track active with and Xpand plugin and it still gave me errors even after adjusting my playback engine settings across the board. VERY FUSTRATING!!!!!!!

I trashed my preferences and now I'm getting a DAE Error 743. Any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks,
CC
Old 07-30-2010, 02:50 PM

Default Re: DAE Error 743 Encountered

a
Old 08-13-2010, 02:04 PM

Another one....
Old 08-21-2010, 07:22 AM

I started receiving the same error after upgrading to Pro Tools 8.0.4.

For me, I was able to stop the error by changing the way my MBox2 was attached to my computer. Initially it was plugged into a powered USB hub which was plugged into my computer. I found that when I plugged the MBox2 directly into my computer I stopped getting the error.

I don't know if that will be the case for anyone else, but since this thread is pretty much the only thing that comes up in search results for "DAE Error 743", I at least wanted to leave a note!

-Adam
Old 09-07-2010, 06:46 PM

Can someone please give a useful reply to this... isn't this what these forums are for??

This has happened a couple of times to me.... mainly what happens is after I close a session - when i reopen it everything loads up etc - however playback and bouncing wont work ... only a message coming up saying "DAE Error 743".... it seems to be stopping everything I can do on my session - making it a waste of time essentially. It seems to make everything inactive when I reload a session.... this doesn't happen all the time... only happened twice... so it's something I've done... but surely more people have encountered this problem?

Any clues what to do to make it go away ?

P
Old 09-07-2010, 06:56 PM

It just fixed itself .... I tried a few things and now the session is in perfect working order again.

I closed the session - closed protools - then unplugged the mbox usb connection from my mac - I then plugged in to the next usb insert across and reloaded the session... It seems to have fixed the issue.

I'm thinking this error has to do with where the mbox is plugged in... for example - if you record a session with mbox plugged into USB insert 1 , then save and close the session - however reopen it days later with the mbox plugges into USB insert 2 - it will show "DAE Error 743".....
This should therefore only relate to people who ever unplug the mbox from there computer (for portability, or simply to make room for an external hard drive or something when not on pro tools) and have plugged it into a different slot when continuing on a session.

Hopefully this helps - there seems to be no help online for this error - but this fixed mine. And judging from the comment above about the USB hub - I would assume it's all to do with making sure you have the Mbox plugged into the same insert that you initially started the session.

-Matt
Old 09-14-2010, 05:12 AM

Yup some of my students getting this as well since the 8.0.4 update ....
This error doesn't appear in any databases yet,
Can you help us out Digi ?
Old 09-17-2010, 03:59 PM

Same problem here. I sent in a report in July and the Digi says there is no such thing.

My problem is compounded that until at least the end of the year I have to move sessions from my HD-2 rig to LE 8.04 because the host computer, a 5 year old G5-PPC is about to die big time. I'm in a capital budgeting situation and can't spend a dime on a new Intel Mac and new cards until 2011.

DAE 743 is FRUSTRATING.

I've tried it on every USB port on my I-Mac and get the same error.

DIGI are you reading this?
Old 09-18-2010, 01:56 AM

I've been running into this problem a lot lately as well. I'll go to start recording on a track, then that DAE error pops up. It says to change my PC usage percentage in my playback engine preferences. My PC usage is already set to 90% (the highest it can go), and i'm running on a 2.66ghz duo core processor macbook pro, with 4gb's of DDR3 ram. I really don't think i'm really using all of the PC usage i have, so there's got to be something else that i can do to fix this.

Also, when this error keeps popping up, my cursor starts lagging so much that i can barley do anything inside of pro tools. My cursor will literally jump across the screen, and be very choppy. Is anyone else having this problem as well? i would love to hear DIGI's side of this story, and a way to fix it. This is getting VERY annoying.

-------
Hardware:
15 inch Macbook Pro
(2.66ghz Intel Duo Core Processor
4gb's DDR3 ram
500gb hard drive)
Mbox 2 Pro
Mackie HR824 Monitors

Software:
Snow Leopard OSX
Pro Tools LE 8.0.4
Old 09-18-2010, 03:17 AM

Here my iMac i7, 2.8 works with an Mbox 2 without problems (until now).

If I remember correctly, on the it seems to be best to use the USB port closest to the stand. Also try to reduce the number of processors by one in PT.