Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2016, 10:13 AM

Default Re: Music won't play. Play button flashes and Stop button lights up

Hi Tom@Metro, thanks for writing back. I will contact support about it again, but as I said - I've had this with two builds since I switched to 12. I guess I am the unluckiest Pro Tools user in history!

I did find a couple of people writing about it more recently too.

My current system is Win7 on a Lenovo P50 laptop with Focusrite 2i2 (I need a mobile studio).
Old 09-19-2016, 11:11 AM

After trying everything, I did the LOAD FROM HARDWARE on the Safire UI and it totally did the trick. Thanks for the tip.
Cheers

---------------------------------
Imac 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
3GB Ram DIGI002 OS 10.5.6
PT8.1
Old 10-08-2017, 09:49 AM

Typical Avid support, doesn't even recognize their product's basic behavior; something as simple as it's in midi sync mode waiting for external start, but asks for system details looking for something user centric to blame it on. Even ridicules user for not providing system details up front. Can't just give a quick answer because they are trained to pull you into a support call charge. Worst troubleshooting staff I've ever encountered, it's all about the support call charge and hanging you out to dry if that's what it takes.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John003 View Post
Typical Avid support, doesn't even recognize their product's basic behavior; something as simple as it's in midi sync mode waiting for external start, but asks for system details looking for something user centric to blame it on. Even ridicules user for not providing system details up front. Can't just give a quick answer because they are trained to pull you into a support call charge. Worst troubleshooting staff I've ever encountered, it's all about the support call charge and hanging you out to dry if that's what it takes.
I was disgusted by the first two responses the whole time. It's crazy how the answer was given that solves this issue 99% before the OP even responded with the requested info and they still asked for more, after replying with smart (as in sarcastic) response. I registered just to agree because you made so much sense. I have been using Pro Tools since 2003 (latency and cream boxes) I have, yet, to find a need for this forum except for other people to talk to each other. What a first post.
Old 04-16-2020, 03:03 PM

I just had this problem on Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.3. Switching the HW Buffer Size did the trick.