Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2004, 10:05 AM

Default Registration-how long till the confirmation ?

i registered my mbox 2 days ago, so i can get the free update from pro-tools 5.2.1 to 6.0 . How long does it take for the confirmation email to come in?
does anyone know?
xx
Old 02-27-2004, 10:18 AM

Default Re: Registration-how long till the confirmation ?

I never got a confirmation email and have never heard of them doing such a thing. I suppose you should call or email them to find out when they get it.
Old 02-27-2004, 01:11 PM

I've never gotten a confirmation any of the times I've registered a product with them either. I have emailed them before to find out if I was and they did send a reply confirming. It would be a nice touch if they let you know they got your info either by snail mail or email.

Even better -- how about an online registration and account info area that would show you exactly what you have registered? Nah, wait... that's rediculous-- it would save time and money for everyone.

You'd think that not having to decipher/input all of that info manually would be more than worth it for Digi to integrate something online. As well as having to manually reply to inquiries by phone or email constantly-- the stuff is obviously in a database-- so what's the deal Digi? Step into the future-- join us!
---
c
Old 02-27-2004, 01:36 PM
Administrator

We added email confirmation of registration to our registration process a few months ago. When a registration is entered, we normally send an email notification to the email address of the person registering, if they have provided an email address on their registration card, or if they already have an email address in their registration records. It is integrated into the process, so that when a registration is completed, a click of a button sends the information to the user.

Faxes are usually processed the same day as they received, or within 2 business days. Mailed registration cards take longer to be received, and usually around 1-2 weeks to be processed. We just hired a couple more staff members to try and speed that part up.

Transfers of Ownership, which are registrations of purchases of used equipment take the longest amount of time to process. And these are not really necessary unless someone needs to register a system in order to do a hardware exchange or pay for a repair. Since transfer of ownership does not include any free software replacements or upgrades, purchasers of used systems would need to purchase any missing software or paid upgrades in any case.

Online registration is a definite possibility in the future, but we are still investigating the best way to go about it. It is quite complex for our range of products and not at all inexpensive to implement. But convenience for both users and CS is the compelling reason we are looking at a number of options, including online registration.
Old 02-28-2004, 04:45 AM

hi again, so
i should have received my email cofirmation by now, but nothing... is it normal? i know i am definately entitled to receive an upgrade because my Mbox was purchased in 2003, around july i think, but on my registration card, i couldn't say where it was bought because my record label bought it for me, they are in Belgium, and only now they handed over, and i'm in UK, i called them to find out exactly when and where, but had no answer just yet, so i sent the registration card without it. would it be a problem?
I need to get my update
xx
Old 02-29-2004, 10:40 AM

hello Digi!
please help! answer my post pleeezzz
x
Old 02-29-2004, 02:51 PM

And on this point, what about us british customers???? I sent my registration card when i got my M-Box in january, but im yet to recieve a response!!! I know airmail takes a while to get to u guys, but my email was included!!!!

Rich
Old 02-29-2004, 03:57 PM

so am I, in London here, they have my email, phone , address..... but still, nothing. but the guys in UK offices are quite nice... I'll call again, but i'd love a response by american digi.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:05 PM

This board really isn't meant to be for direct customer support from Digi staff, even though they are nice enough to drop by and answer a few questions every once in a while. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a customer support issue to be resolved here - sending them an email or make a phone call during business hours is the only way you can be sure to get a proper answer.
Old 02-29-2004, 07:03 PM

you're right cllockface, thanx... will do
x