Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2008, 09:56 PM

Default Producer Factory Pro Plugin Question SOLVED

I got an mbox2 that came with Producer Factory Pro Plug ins, I installed them and registered them but everytime I open up Pro Tools it wants me to Authorize them. They dont expect me after spending lots of money to spend even more to buy an ilok do they? Pretty sure it says in the manual the plugins included with the mbox2 do not require an ilok. Anybody know if I can authorize them some other way?
Old 01-04-2008, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Producer Factory Pro Plugin Question

Flan:
Did you BUY the Producer Factory plugs? If you didn't pay for them, they will never authorize. They are included on all PT disks. To fix, uninstall and reinstall PT, installing only the plugs that are paid for.

The standard Digirack plugs don't require ILok, but third party plugs may. I beleive that some of the Factory plugs are third party. I further beleive that if you bought Factory, an ILok would have been included in the box. At least that's the way it worked when I bought MBox Factory a few years ago.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:22 PM

It seems that you installed everything you saw on the disk. You should read or find what plugins were included in the package that you bought, since as it was mentioned above, some of the third party plugs that are included in the installation disk ARE NOT part of the package you bought.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:38 PM

I bought a big package thing that came with monitors, the mbox2, a mic and it came with the Producer Factory Pro plugs, I just read something that came with it and they do expect me to pay for an ilok for the software they included for me to use... great.. problem solved
Old 01-04-2008, 02:55 PM

Listen to these other guys though flan, There is a lot of stuff on the install disk that you DIDN’T pay for and if you installed everything you’re going to have lots of problems… You may be better off uninstalling and reinstalling w/only the plugs that came with the package you bought. And you should have gotten an ILOCK if you bought the Mbox II Pro!
Old 01-04-2008, 03:35 PM

When you buy a bundle that includes plug-ins requiring an iLok, one is included.
If your package didn't have one, chances are you don't need one for the system you purchased and you've installed plug-ins from the install disk you would need an additional purchase to use.

See this Plug-In support article.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:14 PM

problem solved, I ran over to where I bought my mbox2 factory bundle thing and the guy told me the first shipment of them forgot to include the ilok and he had a box of them but he couldnt find them so im gonna get it tomorrow.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:16 PM

I had the same problem with plug-ins asking for authorization on every boot. I finally determined (after reading the "Read Me.PDF that comes with the LE Factory v2 CD) that all of the plug-ins for which I was experiencing this issue were associated with the Factory 002 bundle--and that I was therefore only authorized for the mBox 2 Factory bundle (much more limited).

That article states: "To manually remove:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE|Plug-Ins"

However, I also found it necessary to remove the corresponding plug-in items from folder "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE|Plug-In Maps" as well which the article does not mention.

In case anyone else has the same issue--here is the list of plug-ins which are bundled with each of those systems per the PDF file on the install disk:

Mbox 2 Factory
• Moogerfooger Analog Delay
• JOEMEEK SC2 Compressor
• JOEMEEK VC5 Meequalizer
• Digidesign Maxim
• Cosmonaut Voice

002 Factory and 002rack Factory
• Moogerfooger Analog Delay
• JOEMEEK SC2 Compressor
• JOEMEEK VC5 Meequalizer
• SansAmp PSA-1
• Cosmonaut Voice
• Tel-Ray Variable Delay
• moogerfooger Ring Modulator
• Voce Spin
• Voce Chorus/Vibrato
• Bomb Factory BF-3A

[Rant mode] I do think it kind of sucks that Digidesign includes these with no warnings that they are not authorized for the mBox 2 bundle and also do not provide a simple and easy method to remove them--It's ridiculous that I had to spend several hours researching this to resolve the problem. That said, ProTools Rules![/Rant mode off]

PS: I bought my stuff a couple years ago but was reinstalling it on a new machine--so that list may no longer be current--I dunno about that...
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5, OCZ XMP 6GB SDRAM DDR3 1600 OCZ3X1600LV6GK, Antec P182 ATX Mid Tower, Rosewill RBR750-M 750W PSU, Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 CPU Cooler, HIS Hightech H465PS512P Radeon HD 4650 512MB, 2x WD Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache, 1x WD Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache, XP Pro 32 bit, LITE-ON Black Blu-Ray DVD iHES206-08