Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2016, 10:19 AM

Default Re: No Pro Tools 13 for me unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanrichard View Post
At the top of the Reaper forum are a few "how-to" questions, a couple of feature requests, and a thread wishing the developer a happy birthday.

It would hard for the two forums to be much different. There are lots and lots of happy and grateful customers there.
Agreed. I use both S1 and Reaper, and by and large, folks are getting on with their work. Nothing like what's been going on here at the DUC for, well... months.

I don't see anyone here wishing Avid developers anything other than disdain, let alone a happy birthday. There are those here that would question why people come here to rant, and then say, "It's the same in other forums...". After taking a close look today, I'd say, not so much.

That's not to say other forums are complaint free, or their programs bug free - far from it, but what's going here is uniquely Avid...

tg
Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.6.5 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Kontrol S61 mk3 / Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 7 / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection X

Last edited by grayter1; 12-31-2016 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-31-2016, 01:08 PM

There always going to be bugs or other software related issues with any software application. I think most people, or at least most reasonable people, understand that they are going to experience these things as their software of choice progresses forward to appease the masses.

That, is not what is upsetting most users, me included, it's broken promises, it's saying we're going to develop things at a faster pace, and get them to you quicker with the subscription plan. Well, Avid has not given us basically anything, when you look at from the start of this up to this point.

This is turning into a situation similar to Social Security in America, where people keep paying into it, and paying into it, however as each year goes by, hope to ever get anything out of it quickly dwindling if not flat out impossible. The reason being, that money that we paid into Social Security, is used to pay for so many other things that are unrelated to Social Security.

Much in the same way, this is what I believe Avid is doing with our money that is paid for this your scription plan. I don't believe for one second they are putting any of that money into research and development, I think they are using that to keep thier head above water, so therefore it is turning out to be the biggest scam in the DAW world.

All of this dent of the emotion is even further exaggerated, as we are being extorted an insane rate, showing no loyalty whatsoever for all the tens of thousands of dollars that we have spent on Avid products in the past.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 12-31-2016, 02:35 PM

Here's a short list
-64 bit PT was built from the ground up NOT
-intentionally bricked Pro Control Control|24
-dot releases would always be free NOT
-ongoing video engine problems
-PT11.3.2 fixed a broken PT11 but was denied to those who did not upgrade to 12
-noise blasts

You know your in trouble when you can't get a click plugin to work (clickII)
2 gb of loops! really?
I could go on...
Old 12-31-2016, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcwiz View Post
Here's a short list
-64 bit PT was built from the ground up NOT
-intentionally bricked Pro Control Control|24
-dot releases would always be free NOT
-ongoing video engine problems
-PT11.3.2 fixed a broken PT11 but was denied to those who did not upgrade to 12
-noise blasts

You know your in trouble when you can't get a click plugin to work (clickII)
2 gb of loops! really?
I could go on...

Please, please!

Don't forget a broken midi implementation.

Midi on Protools is a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-31-2016, 05:11 PM
tundra

one can only hope that avid finally goes broke in 2017 and has to sell PT to a company that cares...

i'm looking at you focusrite.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by del cosmos View Post
Please, please!

Don't forget a broken midi implementation.

Midi on Protools is a joke.

+1000! Just posted a new thread about 2nd DAW workflows.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
To all of you giving this guy a hard time. You are all in the minority's. The vast majority of PT users, HD or Vanilla, all feel the same way with how Avid has handled HD users lately.

Go spend some time on Avid's Facebook page.
I agree the guy is just expressing his disappointment in Avid! He is a customer or was a customer and many feel that way with good reason. I am amazed how people still quickly come to the defense of Avid's bad business. It's no wonder Avid is taking forever to do the right thing! If someone keeps doing things wrong after being told its not right, defending that bad behavior will never bring the right results. Its not that we expect Avid to be perfect, everyone can make mistakes but its how you handle the wrong that makes the difference! If significant things don't change theses kinds of post will continue to come. God Bless!

Last edited by zion; 01-01-2017 at 09:58 AM.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion View Post
I am amazed how people still quickly come to the defense of Avid's bad business. It's no wonder Avid is taking forever to do the right thing! If someone keeps doing things wrong after being told its not right, defending that bad behavior will never bring the right results.
Yeah, I don't get that either. I can't tell if it's the need for some HD owners to justify their extensive investment in the face of decent competition.

tg
Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.6.5 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Kontrol S61 mk3 / Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 7 / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection X
Old 01-01-2017, 12:29 PM

I think the move from PT 10 to 11 and the move to AAX was a rough decision.

I hope Avid drops the price/support plan cost and gives everyone all the features. And if you have HD hardware it sees it, if not then no DSP.
I want those "gold" faders.

But every client/studio I work with uses Pro Tools, and from a mixing
situation I like it. For me, I doubt I will/would change. The ease of taking
a drive to a studio to record drums and bring sessions back and forth works for me.
PT 2022.12 studio, Cubase 12 Pro, 12 Core Mac Pro 6,1 96GB OS X 12.6.6, Mac Mini i7 QC 16GB, Digico Soundgrid DLI, Revive Audio 96IO & 192 DBox & 2BussLT for summing, Waves, SoundToys and a pile of other plugins. NI Maschine/Komplete Ultimate 12 and many many, too many Kontakt Libraries.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmT..._as=subscriber
Old 01-01-2017, 02:53 PM

For some of us, it's hard to face the irrational criticism and bitterness over a $99 a year subscription price! And when you assert that it's not useful software, after I have mixed 3 records, and music for MANY TV shows this year, you lose all of your credibility.

There is always room for improvement. I'm all for that. But people are winning Grammy awards for work they have done entirely in Pro Tools.

I'm working now for a producer who's nominated for a couple of those awards. He's working on 11.3, and I really miss some of the things in 12.5.2. But I can do the work. And the music sounds great. So use what you choose, and get the work done.