Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2015, 10:40 PM

Default Re: FAQ Mixed messages

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
I guess most of the top end customers are just going to join in and pay the money

Kinda takes HD out of small operations....

Sad really, b/c I really wanted a HDN Omni package...but can get one right now...the low latency and buffer setting while tracking is soooooo tempting
Not really true. I know MANY top end customers who are just going to ride out PT 11.

Let's just say, not all of them are "coming along" on AVID's trail and a lot are moving on to something else.
Its really made the RAVEN something of interest.

Again, AVID doesn't see how quickly they can lose. They haven't paid attention to the competition.
Within a year, half gone. You can put a RAVEN MTX in for under 20k.

If AVID is thinking they are going to bring the lowend/middle end market into them they really haven't done their research. Serial.

Let AVID think they are going to "bully" people in. Just from my own circle, people are doing the minimum. No hardware purchases.

If anyone's going for their MBA, watch this play out. It is a good lesson in what not to do, as the CEO looks at the entire software industry as the same thing and doesn't know the user base.

It is like me modeling my studio after a visual FX house. WE both use software!!!!! It should be treated the same derp a durka!

If AVID survives this, he won't. He doesn't get it. Derp! Arg.! HurHur.
EFI flashed 580 GPU
3 card PCI-e expansion chassis.
Avid Artist Control
Apollo 8 Quad, Satellite Quad, Octo Card
Cranesong Avocet Monitor System.
WireWorld ProAudio Cables
Old 03-20-2015, 01:20 AM

Betting the farm.......
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexaudio View Post
Not really true. I know MANY top end customers who are just going to ride out PT 11.

Let's just say, not all of them are "coming along" on AVID's trail and a lot are moving on to something else.
Its really made the RAVEN something of interest.

Again, AVID doesn't see how quickly they can lose. They haven't paid attention to the competition.
Within a year, half gone. You can put a RAVEN MTX in for under 20k.
Sweetwater advertising for less than $10k.
MTi less than $2k.
The batch commands, Slate's answer to AVID's lack of features, is worth the price alone. If one looks at the MTi, then the S3 it's a no brainer. The price difference between the S6 and the MTX makes the MTX so much more attractive, and without the batch Commands the S6 is just a hunk of metal.
Quote:
If AVID is thinking they are going to bring the lowend/middle end market into them they really haven't done their research. Serial.
I'm a middle end market and I'm in the middle of selling all my AVID junk as we speak. Unfortunately AVID has not only screwed up my ASC by not linking it to my new email address, they aren't responding to mine OR a mod's request to fix it asap...Hopefully the buyer will stay engaged till it can get sorted out. I've been dealing with just trying to get my ASC details sent to me for the last 24 hrs. So I can commence with the Transfer Of Ownership which god only knows how long that process will take. I can't even perform my due diligence on this sale because of AVID's screw up.
Quote:
Let AVID think they are going to "bully" people in. Just from my own circle, people are doing the minimum. No hardware purchases.

If anyone's going for their MBA, watch this play out. It is a good lesson in what not to do, as the CEO looks at the entire software industry as the same thing and doesn't know the user base.

It is like me modeling my studio after a visual FX house. WE both use software!!!!! It should be treated the same derp a durka!

If AVID survives this, he won't. He doesn't get it. Derp! Arg.! HurHur.
Yeah all that too... I hope this process commences soon. The stress and drama are remarkable. Then I can at least get away from this madness.

I feel bad for the small to middle post guys that can't change due to format considerations.
Mac Pro 6.1, E5-2690 V2 10 core 3.0G, 32gig 1866 memory, 512G PCIe system drive, 4 480G OWC 3G SSD data drives in Thunderbolt 2 enclosure, macOS 10.15.7, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.9.1, Twin Raven MTi's, Apollo 8 TB, 2 UAD2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, RME ADI-4 DD, Neve 5012, 5043, Bricasti M7, 2 PCM 92's, M350, DynAudio BM6 MK 3, BM14S, a bunch of cool mics...1 damned iLok2.