Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2015, 08:53 AM

Default AVID software license agreement issue

I have been getting this message very often while I try to access some of the files on my Mac Mini and it's becoming a pain. Even though I click on "agree" multiple times to finally be able to access my files when the prompt eventually disappears, I keep on getting this message, which does reflect an older version of ProTools. I am presently on version 11.3.1. This now officially constitute a pain in my ass and has for the past few months. Looks like a file needs to be deleted. Any ideas folks? Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (85.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-06-2015, 09:16 AM

Default Re: AVID software license agreement issue

That's the window you get when trying to mount a disk image (dmg). My guess is that something is trying to access a file located in that dmg. Maybe you have an alias to a file within the dmg, or a file is looking for an app there?

Perhaps http://www.cnet.com/news/how-to-keep...nting-in-os-x/ will help?
Old 03-06-2015, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
That's the window you get when trying to mount a disk image (dmg). My guess is that something is trying to access a file located in that dmg. Maybe you have an alias to a file within the dmg, or a file is looking for an app there?

Perhaps http://www.cnet.com/news/how-to-keep...nting-in-os-x/ will help?
I just browsed through that link that you provided. No doubt, the answer is probably in there, but the last paragraph looks like the only move I would be comfortable doing at this point. Thank you so much for furnishing this information, Jeffro!
Old 03-06-2015, 10:33 AM

You're welcome. I agree it might be best to cut to the chase and just remove that dmg. ( I'd recommend copying it to an external drive, thumb drive, DVD-R, etc. so you can delete it from your system but still have it if needed.) You'd then likely get some kind of 'file not found' error which should help us identify the culprit - please post back when/if that happens and we'll go from there.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
You're welcome. I agree it might be best to cut to the chase and just remove that dmg. ( I'd recommend copying it to an external drive, thumb drive, DVD-R, etc. so you can delete it from your system but still have it if needed.) You'd then likely get some kind of 'file not found' error which should help us identify the culprit - please post back when/if that happens and we'll go from there.
You got it, and thank you. When I get in front of my rig tonight or this weekend, I will give it a shot.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:12 PM

I did remove that DMG file but the license agreement still appears. Eeeeek!