Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2014, 02:46 AM

Default Is X-form worth keeping?

I see this going for good prices online.. I just picked it up with the CPTK. Wondering if I should keep it or sell it.. How much does it differe from just using the algorithm in PT?

Cheers
Old 10-24-2014, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Is X-form worth keeping?

My experience is probably not typical, but, for me, X-Form works best, but slowest. Using the regular(real-time) EA will freeze my rig constantly and randomly, while X-Form never freezes. Since it takes so long to work, I developed a work-around(or a "cheat" if you prefer). I put a blank audio track below the one I am working on and copy/paste only the section of audio I need to work on. The smaller clip analyzes and renders much fatser than an entire track. Once X-form has rendered and committed, I copy/paste it back to the original track(or cut/paste). No freeze ups and no digital artifacts

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave