Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 09-11-2021, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Promo for perpetual license holders

Quote:
Originally Posted by yambike View Post
It’s just not clear why the promo isn’t showing up in my account
It is embarrassing how sometimes Avid systems lag behind. I have no words. They will however up their game eventually.
Old 09-11-2021, 12:16 PM

Is this an update & Support plan renewal of the perpetual licence plan or what?

My God, Avid needs to stop playing with this kind of stuff and give clear information.
Old 09-11-2021, 12:21 PM

In short, as I understand it, you get to keep your perpetual license but would subscribe to one year discounted deal.
Old 09-11-2021, 01:11 PM

I have an Ultimate perpetual license with an active support plan (due for renewal in two months) and received the one year discounted subscription offer. I'm not sure why anyone with an active support plan would do this and let their support expire. It'll save $100 for one year and then cost at least an extra $400 a year every year after.

This just feels like another push to get us to drop the perpetual support plan and subscribe.

EDIT.. Unless they'll include a year of perpetual support with the $299 subscription, but that's not how I've read it.
Old 09-11-2021, 04:14 PM

While you get to keep your Perpetual License, the question is, after a year on Subscription and your Perpetual License Upgrade & Support lapsing and long past the 30 day Grace Period, are you able to Renew that Upgrade & Support Plan without penalty or are you frozen at whatever version your Perpetual License is at unless you find a Reinstatement, purchase a new Pro Tools Perpetual License or continue on Subscription?
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 09-11-2021, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
While you get to keep your Perpetual License, the question is, after a year on Subscription and your Perpetual License Upgrade & Support lapsing and long past the 30 day Grace Period, are you able to Renew that Upgrade & Support Plan without penalty or are you frozen at whatever version your Perpetual License is at unless you find a Reinstatement, purchase a new Pro Tools Perpetual License or continue on Subscription?
Yes! This is what I would like to know!
Old 09-11-2021, 06:25 PM

I think that’s what everyone wants to know. Funny that there’s no mention of that in the FAQ.

My gut tells me you’ll get locked out of being able to renew your perpetual support plan. Otherwise everyone would just use it as a half price renewal for a year and then go back to the usual perpetual renewal plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2021, 06:41 PM

Ok.. never got the email
see the offer in my "special offers"
but not in the "avid link" that looks like a mess of "offers" and yet.. not this
the offert just has "add to cart"
no details ..

like Im Perpetual.. expiring in NOV
will this start in NOV? or now
the perp re up price is "now" 200" was 99 for a few years.. no support just upgrades

this sub thing is 99 for a year...

so in a year Ill go back to my perp/ year fee 200?
Avid.. your a funny public traded company

Ventura ,PT 2022.10, MacbookPro 13"[2020] M1 16G, Antelope Orion 32+ Gen3..SSL Sigma summing, SMART Comp C1LA, CharterOak EQP-1 Oceanway Audio HR4S monitors . SSL X-Rack w XR618 compressors, dbx 160x [2]
Old 09-11-2021, 06:53 PM

Default Promo for perpetual license holders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectifried View Post
So in a year Ill go back to my perp/ year fee 200?
Avid.. your a funny public traded company
Well… that’s what we’re discussing.

As I mentioned above, that part is VERY ambiguous. But, one would assume you couldn’t just renew your perpetual plan. If that is the case, then all of us are just going to rent it for half price for a year and go back to business as usual next year.

I think this is aimed at people that have let their pan lapse as a way to go ‘hey, check out what’s new for a year on the cheap’, get them hooked and hope they keep subscribing.

Which leads to another question which I don’t believe has been addressed. If you take them up on this offer and then in a year keep subscribing, do they still allow you to keep the perpetual license or are you then required to surrender it?

They never spell anything out clearly do they? It’s got to be deliberate as I find it hard to believe a company can continually make the same mistakes with their comms over and over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2021, 10:23 PM

As a perpetual license owner, I'll steer clear of this.

This is a ruse to get us to move over to their subscription model.

All you get for the extra $300 you'll be dropping is access to the "inner circle" of crap. No thanks. They'll be taking that away from you after the year subscription is up. Which is how they're hooking you. If you actually want the crap in this "bundle" you'll have been snared into becoming a permanent subscriber.

I'll stick with my perpetual and buy only the plug-ins I actually care about and use a-la-carte, thank you.