Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2023, 05:22 AM

Default Instrument Tracks Record Enable

Hi all, just recently my instrument tracks record enable button stops allowing me to record . It's random,,,, one minute the record enable is working absolutely fine,,, then won't allow me to enable it. Keep having to create new instrument tracks. Anyone else having same or similar issues and more importantly,,, does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thank you in advance.
Old 05-11-2023, 05:29 AM

Default Re: Instrument Tracks Record Enable

I actually figured it out. Hold down command and click on record button. Not sure why it occurred in the first place.
Old 05-11-2023, 09:05 AM

Humm well you definitely should not have to "hold command" to get record enable to work so something is amiss

Now this is basic but can we assume you are also record arming the transport every time ? If so then not being able to record arm the instrument track by simply clicking on the button is not correct .
You might try trashing preferences

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 05-12-2023, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsjohn View Post
I actually figured it out. Hold down command and click on record button. Not sure why it occurred in the first place.
this has nothing to do with an instrument track. Command+clicking the record button on an audio track or instrument track will 'record safe' the track. When a track is in record safe you can not record enable it, just what Record Safe is designed to do

Just command+click a record safe track, to enable record arm again
Old 07-19-2023, 07:59 PM

There is some strange behavior in this regard

Instrument and/or MIDI tracks will only "allow" one track at a time to be record enabled if you are record enabling the tracks by clicking. You need to shift click another midi/instrument track to record enable another one in addition to the first one, otherwise it will switch from one record enable track to another track.

All of this can be "ignored" if you select 2 MIDI or instrument tracks at once and hit Shift R instead.

What is frustrating is you can change the behavior of audio tracks to be act like MIDI tracks as far as record enable but MIDI tracks seems to be "fixed" in this way, and I'd prefer the same behavior for both.

Also, Command up and down moves the record enable up or down between tracks that can transmit MIDI data.